• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for details of M971's A/C mounts

n3sq

I'm looking for photos & some measurements on the details of how the 4 A/C units are supported and mounted on the front of the XM971 or M971 trailers.

I would like to measure twice and cut once for a modification I am doing to another trailer.

Alex

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are talking about the drop deck van trailer I have the aluminum frame the AC's were mounted on on my trailer.

I removed the AC's since it was to be used as a storage trailer.
I made some cuts on the frame but it will still mount to the front and hold the AC's.

PM if interested and I'll get pics of the frame when I get back to the secondary LZ.

Attachments

n3sq

PM sent

PM sent

If you are talking about the drop deck van trailer I have the aluminum frame the AC's were mounted on on my trailer.

I removed the AC's since it was to be used as a storage trailer.
I made some cuts on the frame but it will still mount to the front and hold the AC's.

PM if interested and I'll get pics of the frame when I get back to the secondary LZ.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See my thread on "Keco A/C's - a bargain?" They are similar but not the same, Keco F18T-2S, 17.25 W 20 D 46.5 H. 1.5 ton ac, 208 V 3 phase. Pics are there.

n3sq

A/C Part Numbers on XM971

Yes, they are the vintage 1981 models with the round grille in the center of the "rear" side.

The Tobyhanna units are the vintage 1991 models with a square grille.

I'm looking for the info on how the DoD mounted the units to the 10 ton enclosed trailers.

[Ref. Drawing] Some installations just used a frame with a diagonal brace under the shelf (and using the 4 underside mounting bolt positions and rubber isolation mounts). The plenum connections were via a flexible duct for return and supply air.

[Ref. Photo] Some installations used diagonal braces from the upper side and only a simple piece under the front two mounting bolt positions. I can't tell from the M971 photos how the plenum connections are made and what kind of isolation mount was made - maybe just a big rubber gasket?

I have to do a re-engineering of an S-250 I just got from French Creek. It has some vintage 1989 1800 btu AC/heaters that are in pretty sad shape, so I'd like to use the FI8T-2SA's from TYAD instead. I'd like to use a similar mounting method to one of the two I referenced above.

Alex

See my thread on "Keco A/C's - a bargain?" They are similar but not the same, Keco F18T-2S, 17.25 W 20 D 46.5 H. 1.5 ton ac, 208 V 3 phase. Pics are there.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks