• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

** looking for ** DN4M flywheel and / or spur gear

sandmanxx

Good day

Looking for DN4M flywheel and /or flywheel ass with spur gear. Also starter would be great - but that's the easy one.

Feel free to email or txt / call.

All the best

Thanks

sandmanxx

Ooooouch ..... Yea - but the sticker $$$ !! Whats the AV $$ for one ?? Almost thought I was shopping for a 48RE AUTO TRANSMISSION oversized torque converter and machined input shaft..

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to help this guy out -- The flywheel I have has 88-20234 printed on the side and 170-4278 embossed in the flywheel. It came from EITHER an 802a or 803a, 'cause I've dismantled one of each and I only have one flywheel left. Any other flywheel in my shop is from a F head Jeep, so we've narrowed this flywheel down to either a 803 or 802 application.

Neither of those numbers are in either 802 or 803 part manuals. Anyone have either an 802a or 803a flywheel sitting around and willing to give us the printed numbers and embossed numbers from your flywheel?

Or perhaps the dimensions -- thickness would be the most important since the diameter would be the same for either flywheel.

z

Last edited:

sandmanxx

Zarathustra anyway I can get a pic of your flywheel in question ? Would help me in looking around from this end..

On other notes thanks to all for your time and notes. I feel like a kid in the toy store with the MEP generators - they are totally new to me.. Never used one or even seen one
until this summer. :driver:

Guyfang

Staff member
Better yet, if someone here is still on active, they can type in the part number into the FEDLOG, and find out what equipment goes to.

sandmanxx

The LPW4 LISTER PETTER 4 CYLINDER = ONAN DN4M-1 for the most part! Correct??

The LPW4 uses a SAE #5 flywheel housing.. SAE #4 is a option from factory stand point.

So if you can get me the measurements of the flywheel in question we can come closer to solving the question of what you have!

sandmanxx

Thanks again z

and yes the flywheel is the same / "color toooooooooo", as the one on my MEP-803 that just came!

The SAE version is not as deep - and if not mistaken as a result does not have the weight distributed on the outer end.
The end away from the engine unit. In a generator setup.