• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for fmtv

jmmay82

couple questions

looking for a single axle to mount a hydroseeder on which requires a 32k Chassis and lots of highway. to get from job to job . then when on site. pretty extreme off road conditions. any help to point me down the right road or model to investigate would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Jason

gvw. is it so low because of not having rear duels and auto inflate? if so can auto inflate. be removed and 22.5 rims and tires be installed ?

do any versions come with part time 4x4 ? or are they all full time 4x4 ? is the a lot for part time 4x4 to be installed

what is highway speed?

NATCAD

couple questions
looking for a single axle to mount a hydroseeder on which requires a 32k Chassis and lots of highway. to get from job to job . then when on site. pretty extreme off road conditions. any help to point me down the right road or model to investigate would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Jason
gvw. is it so low because of not having rear duels and auto inflate? if so can auto inflate. be removed and 22.5 rims and tires be installed ?
do any versions come with part time 4x4 ? or are they all full time 4x4 ? is the a lot for part time 4x4 to be installed
what is highway speed?
Jason how much does the hydro-seeder weigh?

You can see the technical manuals here:

snowtrac nome

the weight limitations on the lmtv are de rated for off road. duals wont help much, and will detract for off road use you would be better served with a 5 ton model and maybe a tractor just remove the trailer towing components I have worked on hydro seeders they are tall and not likely a good mix fro an fmtv. you might look into mounting the hydro seeder to a trailer and usint a truck to tow it or maybe even a small loader to move it in off road conditions.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would probably be pushing beyond the limits of an LMTV (single rear axle), and maybe just inbounds for an MTV (6x6) if you remove the bed.

Top speed is around 50-55MPH.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
High center of gravity, over loaded weight capacity. Liquid load with free surface affect, lots of highway. Not the best choice for your application. Even with the 6x6 the high cg liquid load would be sketchy. I'd do it with a 6x6 but would want a custom tank that saddled the frame. They limit the 4x4 things to 500gal fuel cells for a reason and shifted to a lower fatter tank to do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks