• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for full width beadlocks

Does anyone know where I can get full width beadlocks at a reasonable price?
Other than PCV ones.

Something like this:
beadlock.jpg

Action

There is a 2-piece that one half looks like that. The other piece has the runflat part on it. They are easier to install and remove.

I'm guessing that the two piece is what is currently installed on my wheels.
Was looking into the single piece because of the wheel balancing difficulties I've heard about regarding rims with the runflat installed.
But maybe the issues are mostly caused by excessive lubricant sloshing around?

They are difficult to find at a reasonable price. They were used primarily on the early civi trucks before they went to 17". They are still available new but at a cost that makes the tires look cheap. The one piece runflats are cheap so I have been thinking of a way to cut off the runflat part which leaves just the beadlock part. It wouldn`t be an easy job but worth the effort. Maybe with a bandsaw with a course blade or maybe a water jet would do the trick.

Action

Kascar has the one pictured above for $408.52. Just make some from PVC. What is wrong with the 1-piece beadlocks that are in your tires?

tobyS

Kascar has the one pictured above for $408.52. Just make some from PVC. What is wrong with the 1-piece beadlocks that are in your tires?
Probably has one piece run-flats. Everybody with a HMMWV or M1102 is in need of the same thing (that don't want to run with run-flats). They look just like the 20"x 11" that I have but are 16.5" x ?.

Action

i meant to say runbflat / beadlock. I know what they are. I have installed and removed many of them. With the proper tool, you can put one in in under 15 minutes.

tobyS

i meant to say runbflat / beadlock. I know what they are. I have installed and removed many of them. With the proper tool, you can put one in in under 15 minutes.
If you have some spare beadlocks for the 16.5", I need some too.

How do you make one from PVC? Is there a size that fits correctly to the HMMWV 16.5" rims?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks