• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for generator for deuce

I am looking for a generator since mine decided to take a dump yesterday on the way back to work.... I seen some smoke from the side pannel and realized what it was right away... Thank goodness for new batteries, but the volt gauge needle stays in the yellow all day long.... I wanted to put out some feelers and see if i can locate one here b4 going to the surplus guys...
Any info helps alot..

Thanks

jon

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
There have been some threads on rebuilding them for $150 which sounds pretty good considering if they are a good shop things would be as good as new with no surprises like you might find in a pulled one. If you end up trashing the alternator I might be interested in the wire cover depending on which type it is.

acetomatoco

I have a brand new M series 25 Amp generator as installed on early M35s.. $225 plus UPS.
Be advised, this is not the 60 amp Prestolite or Leece Neville internally regulated alternator. Nomenclature is important

nattieleather

Wow stop the presses Ace and I agree... :)

Duces came with both a generator and external voltage regulator and then were converted over to altinator and produced in later life with altinators with internal voltage regulator.

Which one are you looking for? An easy way to tell is the altinator has two wires going to it where as the generator has one thick cable with screw on connectors to a rectangular box.

From your discription though I am guessing your truck has an altinator on it and that is what you are needing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's an alternator I've been getting used tested ones fron Houston Parramore in the FL panhandle for a C note. Google Parramore Surplus to track him down. You will need the pulley off of your old alt.