• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for german fellows

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hallo,
I have to title my humvee in Germany, (Here nearly impossible) than nationalize in Hungary. She has the 6.5 GEP engine.
If sombody would be so kind to copy der Fahrzeugbrief, of course without his numbers but with the engine datas I will appreciate it.

Danke sehr,

HUNvee

AAVP7

Hi,
I´m not sure if using a copy of german papers will still work. It used to, but in recent years, you always hear that the people at the TUV want a "Typengutachten" in original, not a copy. Which is not really a problem for M998 vehicles; you get them from TUV Sued (for a fee, of course). More of a problem is the "Abgasgutachten" they also demand (an emissions test certificate). Those are offered by several private test centers, but as far as I heard, the test procedure was changed at the beginning of this year, and you have to be careful not to spend money for an old test certificate.

One thing I would consider is to pay one of the german Humvee dealers and have them do the TUV procedure. They do this every week, and their TUV testers are used to test our special kind of trucks. I can really recommend Globeworks.eu from first-hand expericence, for example. You will have to adapt your Humvee to german law, which mostly means changing some of the lights, but the dealers will know what to change. Depending on the TUV they work with, some dealers have to do more changes than others. Globeworks is among those, who do very little visible changes (just the rear flashers need to be yellow instead of red, and the rear side reflectors, too).

After the TUV technical procedure, you would need to apply for the actual german title. I´m not entirely sure if you need at least a temporary residence in a german town for that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks