• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for GL info to buy truck

ffemt14

Im looking to see if anyone might be able to give me a few pointers on buying from GL and what the average cost of a half decent running deuce goes for and how to go about doing it. I live in NH but wouldnt mind having to travel south to pick one up and was wondering if there might be someone that could meet me at a lot to check one over. this will be a project of mine hopefully in the spring and am new to the od fever but dont want to buy a lemon.

FreightTrain

Banned
Don't bother looking at pictures,don't bother reading discription for condition.Find a truck on GL what has a picture that shows what "LOOKS" like a complete truck.Go inspect in person or have someone that knows what a deuce is look at it.The pictures GL uses have been of totally different trucks,Switched trucks,General photo of a same type truck,or selective photography to show all the good stuff only.Also,discriptions suck too.Abou the eact same as teh pictures.Running can be perfect or hole in block the size of your head,trans in 5 gallon buckets in the bed,frame broken but it still run on the #6 piston but none other,and not running can be the GL guy was too lazy to push the button,batteries dead,no fuel,or see above on the broke stuff without the running on 1 cylinder.

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,as for pricing....I got a near perfect deuce with high rise rear Vinyl cover,heat,hardtop,running for $1000 but at the same event across the country I saw prices range from 500-4000 bucks.Luck of the draw when it comes to price.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, you *could* spend as much getting it home as you did to get the truck. Close to home matters in my opinion.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL prices are unpredictable at best. I've seen rusted out non running piles of junk go for $2,500+ and I've seen good trucks sell for less than $1,000. I've also seen good trucks go for $6,000. There is a auction going on right now where there are 2 trucks at the same location. One is rusted out everywhere, missing t-case, and missing engine and trans parts. The bid is $950 ( I wouldn't give over $500). The other truck is stated as a runner and is a pretty decent truck. It's price is $600 (I may bid on this one).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks