• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for good threads on super singles

fpchief

Bought my deuce with 46's and the front left tire rubs really bad on the steering piece (drag link?) when turning right, also the rear wheels track on inside of front. I know there is a lot info on correcting all this but just can't find what i am looking for. Also thanks ahead of any suggestions!

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can scroll down on this page to see more threads on the subject. I initially had 46's on stock wheels and had that problem. I had the front wheels widened to the outside by three inches and solved the rubbing problem that way. I eventually went with MRAP wheels on Peashooters adapter plates and can say that is also a way to solve that problem. I did change that to get away from running tubes and flaps, as the MRAPs have tubeless wheels with beadlocks and runflat inserts.

The rear sound like you have the stock wheels with the dish in and your hubs have not been flipped. You can easily remove the rear wheels and reinstall then with the dish out but the rear track will be outside of the front track. Some folks like it that way. Otherwise, you can flip the hubs (more work than just turning the wheels and tires around) and get the front and rear tracks to match.

tcruwithme

I agree 100% with what VPed said. I also had 395/85R20 XML on factory deuce rims when I got my truck, and I had the rubbing issue on a full right turn. I got a set of HEMTT wheels and had them recentered by Stazworks in Wisconsin. Then I put 395/85R20 XZLs on those new wheels and no more rubbing. HOWEVER, I soon found that I needed to do the caster modification to keep it from wandering.

I also flipped my rear hubs, and I am running the same recentered HEMTT wheels and 395 XZL tires in the rear. They track really close to the fronts, and I am good with how everything looks and rides now.

tobyS

You might want to read some threads about using 11.00's. They are the same OD as the 365 on the A3. Personally I like the 11,00 duals and single 365 on the front.