• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Heavy Hauler to Move Tracked FV 432 APC

Jeeagle

Needing to move the FV APC locally, weigh about 30K lbs and is 9 ish feet wide. Need a local Move (30 miles max)

If anyone has any info or knowledge of cheap places (one place quoted 150 an hour with estimated 4 hours) please let me know.

Willing to pay and give Driving experience in the APC as well...

IMG_0157.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needing to move the FV APC locally, weigh about 30K lbs and is 9 ish feet wide. Need a local Move (30 miles max)

If anyone has any info or knowledge of cheap places (one place quoted 150 an hour with estimated 4 hours) please let me know.

View attachment 650203
That's not a bad price for a oversize load if the permit fees are included.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would be right at the 600 range as well. Would be around November 5th before i could do it though.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not really. I mean if you called an equipment rental place to move it like they would haul a dozer it would run about that an hour. Especially for 30miles. I charge 80 an hour to move equipment in the county i live in.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Time i drive it up on the trailer. I can have it binded down in 30mins. Only 5 mins to unchain it all. Then the drive time. 30k isn't much weight.

dmetalmiki

Spot on, 15 1/2 tons and 9 foot 2 inch. Over here I had mine transported 200 mile round trip for £300. And only 30 miles at modern transporter speed 2 1/2 hours max?.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If i can get a few days notice to bring something to that area then i would be around 450$ we can tow it right behind the 5 ton. Either with the dolly or the tall m322 trailer.

fasttruck

When I was in service we hauled fist vs on either 172 or m 260 trailers without problem . However m 872 or m 127s did not work well. You could haul 2ea m 113s on a m 872 trailer but fist v and TOW carriers were too high.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 650203
I could move this on Wednesday if they want to get it done. I will be in that area.

Jeeagle

Hey guys, I want to thank everyone for the advice and offers. The Earth moving company that owns the land that we currently have the FV on has let me know they can help me with moving it.

I also have a Cub Scout Troop (in affiliation with said company) wanting a ride so until I can get that set up I will be leaving it in place (new location way smaller) then having it moved.

SIMP5782, thank you sir|! If you are near here and have any issues shoot me a PM and I ll do what I can to help! I was thinking that on the back of a 5 ton the FV would look hella cool as well. Once again thank you for your advice and offer! It was well within reason to me.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks