• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for help in the Kansas City area

akexc

I have an M51A2 dump that I'd like some help with. I think I have located all the online manuals for this thing, and in some cases they have been helpful.

However, I am working right now on the electrical system, and am not having a lot of luck.

I'd like to see if there is someone in the Kansas City area that has experience with these old trucks, particularly the electrical systems. I live outside Lawrence near Eudora.

I have a 9000lb lift in my shop and would be willing to trade time on that, or if needed would consider paying for help.

Let me know if you've been down this road and would be interested.

Thanks.

m.walker

What's it doing ? Dead short you can't find ? If it is check the wiring by the horn alot I've found on the older 5 tons did this ( incl. both of mine ) .

akexc

Lots of stuff. At the moment, the first priority is the headlights. There is no wiring to the dimmer switch. I highly suspect the lights won't work without that being in the circuit.

I can't find any wires that are loose, and can't find anything in the manuals that tells me where the wiring would be coming from.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks