• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for help locating a part for my 1009

wiccantoy

Ok i have a 85 M1009 the rear hatch cant be lowered unless I use a wrench. The handle is gone and cant find one in the local bone yard. Ive found power gates, but noone has a manual crank's. So if anyone can lead me in the correct direction please?

MatthewH

LMC truck has the part you are looking for. I bought one from them when I had my M1009. It did eventually fail like most '09s do, where the outer part falls off, but part of that was my fault, I hadn't greased the track, so I forced the window down every time.

twlinks

LMC truck has the part you are looking for. I bought one from them when I had my M1009. It did eventually fail like most '09s do, where the outer part falls off, but part of that was my fault, I hadn't greased the track, so I forced the window down every time.
"Greased the track"??? Could you explain pls? Thanks

GPrez

"Greased the track"??? Could you explain pls? Thanks
He is referring to the track the glass slides in as well as the working components inside the tailgate. Water will get inside and cause the lubricants to break down. This increases the force it takes to turn the crank handle and as stated they break easily. keep everything greased up and it will last a lot longer.

+1 on the LMC crank handle. Mine has been working for 2- years and no sign of wear.

twlinks

GPrez, thanks. I've lubricated the working parts in the tailgate but waiting on new rubber to get here...and now adding "greasing the tracks" to my list.

48cj2a

Yes, you need to swap the regulators and of course the new one will require power run to it. I sourced the complete set up from a local person parting out a Blazer but still need to install it.

HAWKMAN

Looks like the list of things to do is getting bigger. Need to change the transfer case as soon as i find a good one, glow plugs with the ac60g's, fender , door, etc. O and i reallly need to put in a radio.
I have good T/O transferr cases if you want to go used...PM me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks