• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for help

jfnemt1ff1

Hi all, after spending some time in the Hospital for my PTSD. I came up with a thought. I understand if this is pulled board. But here goes As many of you know I have been a paramedic for the past 15 years,Because of this I have came down with PTSD. One of the problems that I am having is leaving in a small town there to many triggers from calls that I have been on so even driving down the road causes me to have problems. So my wife and I thought that it might be time for a change. So we are thinking of moving some place were the weather is a little warmer,Some place down south. The problem that wehave is only makeing one trip down this winter to pick up the goat,so I dont know to much about the south. So if you guys can give some advice on were might be a good place to relocate. Would like to maybe rent a place at first with a little space to park the Mvs.
Thanks John

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, since you are into MVs, I would say you should find a place near an MV yard. That way you can get any parts you may need. Second would be ease of food, building supplys, etc. Good luck finding a place and if you come through Cincy on your move, I'll buy dinner. :)

papercu

Move

Well Georgia is good but seems as it is getting hotter and for a longer time each year don't know if it's due to the global thing or just me getting older each year.
I think the western side of South Carolina would be nice. If you work by the hour don't expect to make the same scale as the north but you can live cheaper so it works out.

jfnemt1ff1

RE: Move

Thanks Rob we might take you up on that. I will also be looking for a carrer change due to the PTSD. Would be great if I good just restore MVs or something like that.
John

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Move

South Central Texas is really nice and the land is reasonable once you get far enough away from the bigger cities. I would have stayed in the Marble Falls area if my wife had not insisted in moving north.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a nice piece of property in western SC. Very nice. Haven't lived on it yet though, just a couple of nights here and there.

It was relativly cheap, in the middle of nowhere yet not, small town only 6 miles away, larger towns with lots of different jobs 20-30min away.

Here is the site to the company I bought my land from, lots of listings in the Southeast.
http://www.advancelandandtimber.com/

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks