• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for injector pump

hellrayzor1

Hi all,

I am looking for a good injector pump for my deuce I bought a couple weeks ago. The one I have seems to have a problem I can't figure out. If anyone has 1 or knows a good place to get one let me know.

Thanks, Mark

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should post up whats going wrong. Alot of smart cookies on this site could help trouble shoot if its fixable.

avengeusa

You should post up whats going wrong. Alot of smart cookies on this site could help trouble shoot if its fixable.
hard starts....

needs a little throttle to start cold, but not an issue.....

once i run it for a while and get it good and warm, say 20 miles or so, and then shut it off it takes full throttle to get her going again, acts like fuel starvation

it will crank nice and fast, but no fire till i get the throttle to the floor, soon as it fires i can let up and it is fine

i have checked the filters, we are good to go there, the in tank pump is fine, and i have a ton of fuel flow after the filters.....

injector pump/injectors.... ? i dunno

hellrayzor1

HI again,

I ran a thread that explained the problem b4, had a lot of good feedback but nothing worked to fix it. Fuel gets to IP but nothing out to injectors. There is something wrong within the IP. I had a diesel mechanic look at it and he said the IP needs rebuilt. Here in Phoenix thats a lot of dollars so I figured I would first try and find a good used one from one of the FINE people on here. Would rather send some money to one of you than get ripped off at a local repair shop. Never found an honest mechanic in the Phoenix area. The guy that is working on it for me is in the Air Force and is very honest but his knowledge of the inside of the pump isn't good enough to repair t.

Mark :)

bottleworks

Does the plunger/piston in the IP head move up and down when cranking? Does the linkage move freely?

You may just need an IP head...The both of you.

avengeusa

Does the plunger/piston in the IP head move up and down when cranking? Does the linkage move freely?

You may just need an IP head...The both of you.

that is next on my list, i am trying to find all of the relevant info and i am going to be looking at this very soon

hellrayzor1

Hi all,

I think I found the problem today. Tommorrow i have a mechanic coming over to put the head back in so the timing is right. I was cleaning the head so it would be ready and found a needle and seat that was frozen up. Its called the fuel delivery valve so makes sense that if this is froze up...mite be a problem. Ill know in the morning I hope and will pass on the info. Its behind a funny shaped plug on the side of the head (attached pix). There is a spring and a brass needle valve inside. The brass piece has grooves on the top like it was meant to unscrew with a screw driver but all it did was spin around once I broke it free. After a while of fooling with it and many sprays of carb cleaner I freed it up and popped it out. Cleaned it and the seat real well and it moves freely now. Stuck it all back together and am patiently waiting for morning when help will arrive :)

Mark (deuce newbie) But learning more everyday

Last edited:

hellrayzor1

Hi all,

IP head is back in and got fuel to injectors finally :).....only problem is while I was bleeding them I ran the batteries down :(.....now I'm recharging them so tonite I will find out if she starts...Finally.

Mark (Deuce newbie)

avengeusa

Hi all,

IP head is back in and got fuel to injectors finally :).....only problem is while I was bleeding them I ran the batteries down :(.....now I'm recharging them so tonite I will find out if she starts...Finally.

Mark (Deuce newbie)
cool, keep us in the loop

hellrayzor1

I ended up fixing mine, they are actually pretty basic. What is yours doing?...or not doing?

There was 1 on ebay last week, I bid on it but the last hour I forgot about it and got outbid :(

Mark (deuce newbie)...but getting better

avengeusa

I ended up fixing mine, they are actually pretty basic. What is yours doing?...or not doing?

There was 1 on ebay last week, I bid on it but the last hour I forgot about it and got outbid :(

Mark (deuce newbie)...but getting better
agreed

symptoms will help, there are a lot of guys on the site with years of experience with these trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks