• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for KY owners M35A2

Sumoman

Just looking to connect with owners in the KY area. I have heard from a few of you already, but would like to know more about any owner groups or rally's that are held. I live in the Lexington area.

Oldgrunt

Hopefully all you KY boys will be at the Haspin Rally June 10 thru the 14, it should be fairly close for you and we are hopeing for a really big turn out.

Old Grunt
Lancaster Oh

Sumoman

My wife said yes to a camping trip.. as long as she sleeps off the ground. We can sleep in the back of the deuce, I'd say thats off the ground:wink:

I figured Haspin would be fun, I have a jeep that if not sold by then will be ready for some mud. It all depends on if I can get the time off. As long as I do not have training that month I should be good.

Numbers

South side of Louisville. Still have my Saleen also but only car shows I have seen with MV's have been in Indiana with a few odds and ends showing up at the Kmart near Breckinridge Lane, and various holiday parades. I ended up gravitating towards them more than the cars. Odd that I chose something (M35) that does less than some legal speed limits over something that does almost three times the legal speed limit (at KY speedway and not 265).

I pick up today and looking forward to getting out there. Thanks to Gimpy in Cinci and also to Roger Laws.

...and maybe I can finally change my avatar to what I actually own.

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. I am just north of you near Cincinnati.

I see that you have already been informed of the Haspin Rally (June 10-14), This one is mandatory.

Additionally, some other somewhat local events to consider:
  • National MVPA convention is in Evansville, IN (August 6-8 )
  • Armed Forces Day show and swap meet in Findlay, OH (May 15-17)
  • Mid-Ohio Military Vehicle show and swap meet Marengo, OH (July 24-25)
There are several of us that get together for the Memorial Day and Veteran's Day parades in the Cincinnati / No KY area. You are more than welcome to join us.

Lastly, on an impromptu and irregular schedule, there are informal wrenching parties at my shop - where we fix/ break/ fix stuff. If you want to be added to the "distinguished" guest list, send me a pm.

Sumoman

Oh yeah, I would love to have a couple of events, taht way my schedule makes time for at least one. As for the car shows just showing up regardless of the show would be fun.

There is always Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot in KY (APR and OCT), while a little... no make that allot of "RED" the vehicles will feel at home. The foods a bit crappy but the machine gun shoot is a hoot to watch. Lots of MV there as well.

I will PM you when I figure out how to do it:oops:

Jakob

JWC - I have a buddy in Amelia and come up that way once in a while. Let me know if you have any informal wrenching parties and I'll try to make it up there! I have plenty of free time from work :roll:

Sumoman

We will just have to get together for a wrenching party, just so i can say I have attended one:-D

Keep this tread in mind, maybe hit my actual email or at the least PM me, I will keep a running list of the local MV owners off this site and we can figure a date to meet when its warm, if anything to park a bunch of MV's somewhere like Hooters:beer:

Jakob

Hooters:beer: Count me in!!!
Now that's a PLAN! How about April 4th in Louisville, off of Dixie Highway? Right after we all leave the Machine Gun Shoot at Knob Creek for lunch?

On a side note, I have a new clutch and rear main on the way for my truck. If anyone's interested in giving a hand, let me know. Should be here in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks