• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for leads to purchase my first mv

mvformoe

Hello everyone I have passed on the duece i found for sale it was to hacked up for me to want to tackle that project but i have to give it credit,it really lit the fire under my butt to get my first mv.I am in search of leads for a vehicle to purchase from what i read on here many models of non running mv's are priced cheaply and that is what i am looking for I dont have a large budget,500.00 to 1000.00 dollars would be good,and the closer to my location the better, but i have a lot of determination and really enjoy the challenge of putting a great piece of history together.I have been researching alot in the past week and have developed enough knowledge about the various models to start to decide what i think would be my vehicles of choice.I own and have restored a 57 gmc pickup with a hydramatic transmission and have learned to value and respect the truck over the years and my experience with the hydramatic has been good.So i am seeking leads on vehicles to purchase and would greatly appreciate any help and opinions that the more experienced members have to share.I am looking for leads on these vehicles in no particular order.m211,m135 which i like very much,and dodge wc-63,would also consider an m35 but i am not sure i want something that big,but when it comes down to it i guess the the m211 isnt any smaller.I just like the idea of the dual range hydramatic and the gasser gmc motor.Sorry to ramble on,I am not looking for something extremely fast so not too worried about that as i have heard that the wc-63 is very slow.I just want to get way off in the sierras and get out of this nasty city on the weekends or whenever possible and preserve and enjoy a piece of history in the process.I am located in sacramento Ca,any leads,info,and opinions or experiences you think may be relevant are greatly appreciated sorry for being so long winded

take care all
moe