• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M105 parts supplier

migz

I am looking for some parts for my M105 trailer, does anyone know of a parts supplier out there that stocks parts for them, NOS not GL trailers that are being parted out? I hooked one of mine up the other day and have leaks in the air system. It looks like I need some parts for the emergency relay valve. I am also looking for new racks and bows. Does anyone know the names of the companies that were contracted to build the racks.

Thanks,
Mike

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
for the brake stuff, go to a decent brake shop that deals in big rigs. If you search for a thread I wrote on this exact issue, you'll find the part #'s that I got.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read this thread, it has the part # for the relay valve.. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=20000&highlight=m105a2+trailer+brakes

Thats the most problematic part in the system. If you have leaks and it's NOT from that, replace the offending airlines.

Also, check the Master Cylinder for DOT 5. NO ONE ever checks them in the military, and I'd bet that most people dont even know the M105A2 series has hydraulic brakes.......

migz

All,
Thanks for the information. I'm going to follow the leads provided. Emmando22, thanks for posting the link. It is very informative. I haven't checked the braking characteristics of the trailer with wheels off the ground. It will be the next PM check/action taken. Thanks for the suggestion.
Mike

TaylorTradingCo

I have not set up a website for the military surplus business yet. I just got started in it recently. TaylorTradingCo is my user iD on here and I do have a website www.TaylorTradingCo.com for my tool company. You can e-mail me directly at Derek@TaylorTradingCo.com.

I only carry M35A2 and M105's, both complete and as parts. I have not chimed in here because everything I have will be take-off's and he said he did not want that.

Derek Taylor