• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M35 Hauling in Sac, Ca area

randygk

I won three deuces in Stockton, CA and wondered if anyone had knowledege or experience with someone to haul them about 100 miles. I got a quote from Amac Logistics . I'm considering driving them, but also want another option.
Thanks much
Randy

Clay James

Are they at the French Camp GL site? I got one from there and used Lodi Heavy Haul, they had the lowest quote I could find. It was about $330 to haul it from there to Lincoln, CA about 90 miles.

Seth_O

Welcome to SS! I can't really help with your hauling issue, but I bought mine from UT and drove it to Sac, where it resides currently. I did tow it off the base, and then went through a full day's worth of maintenance and inspection. Definitely the correct way to do it.

Good luck with your recovery.

BlizzardX23

Driving mine from LA this weekend back up here to Sac....

Is there a Sac/Northern California section for us M35 owners?

Randy...have you picked them all up yet?

pat038536

Do you know if they will let you flat tow/roll it off the site? I'm waiting for my EUC to clear so I can get mine as well. I also live in Sac..but $330 for towing is a little much for me.

SMOKEWAGON66

i hauled mine from the marine corps logistics base in Barstow and towed it 100 miles on a heavy equipment trailer on the back of a ford F-350 with a 5th wheel. the trailer had tandem dual axles with a GVWR of like 21K so the deuce was no problem. some parts were slow going but it pulled just fine.

Clay James

Do you know if they will let you flat tow/roll it off the site? I'm waiting for my EUC to clear so I can get mine as well. I also live in Sac..but $330 for towing is a little much for me.
They don't care at the French Camp site, you can drive it off no problem so towing it should be fine. $330 was the best price I found, the other trucking companies wanted upward of $600.

pat038536

Mine is still being held at the French Camp site. Yes, that's picture of mine (taken from gl listing) First gl purchase and first time EUC submission.

Submission of EUC Pending 12/09/2010
EUC revision 12/13/2010
EUC sent to Battle Creek 12/14/2010

Gah, this waiting period is worse then buying that 'other' state regulated item that requires a waiting period.

Clay James

Mine is still being held at the French Camp site. Yes, that's picture of mine (taken from gl listing) First gl purchase and first time EUC submission.

Submission of EUC Pending 12/09/2010
EUC revision 12/13/2010
EUC sent to Battle Creek 12/14/2010

Gah, this waiting period is worse then buying that 'other' state regulated item that requires a waiting period.
Mine got up to 2 months so I had to contact Battle Creek and get them on it. It was the GL site not sending the demil F certificate to them that held it up.

BlizzardX23

I know I paid A LOT more purchasing mine from Hundy...but I am so glad I dont have to wait...Im DEFINITELY an instant gratification kinda guy...

But Pat...once you DO get yours...just think of all the money you saved...hold in there man...It'll be like Christmas when you get it!!!

pat038536

I keep checking the gl site in hope that it says I can pick it up.. only to have my hopes crushed like an empty beer can.

Last edited:

davidkroberts

330 is a great rate but for 100 miles I would borrow a tow bar and go get the best one and tow another. Then i might get the other hauled home. M35's flat tow with no problem. Bring a friend (or even better a list member here who has a couple) and get them running and drive home. Usually they are in running condition they just need some work to make them road worthy. 9/10 times they even have a good bit of diesel in them.

pat038536

I'm going to have it towed. This way I can get it home safely. Getting the truck started is one issue.. getting stopped is another.
I was quoted $95/hr for flat-bed trailer haul by Lodi Heavy Haul.

JDBUCKSAVAGE

Hey Pat, I just got my M352a w/winch home today from Sharpe Army Depot.I rode down there from Modesto,Cal. with one of my pals in his deuce,checked all fluids,jumped started it fired right up!! added some air to the front tires, and we headed home!! We did take the rear cargo cover off to be safe. Took it slow until I got near my farm then ran her right up to 55mph for a brief stretch.EUC took 5 months, heavy sigh,BUT WORTH IT!!!!ps winch works!
Joel

pat038536

I was initially going to head down there with a can 'o fuel, starter fluid and pair of batteries... then I remembered what the guy said on the phone.. "if its sitting in the dirt field, it was driven there. If its sitting on asphalt, it was dropped there."
Well, mine is sitting on asphalt and I became concerned that once I got there, not being able to get it running.. And end up having to tow it anyhow.

I'm sure that it only has minor issues (hoping) and the only hurdle will be registration and licensing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks