• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M35A3 hood hardware

Yellowsub1962

Hi all,

I'm working on a contract to build 20 composite hoods for the M35A3. I can't find some of the hardware. anyone have any sources?

Specifically p/ns:

24617-114503, QTY 120, handle Jam Nut on the outboard side of the hood handles

24617-274517, NSN 5310-01-321-8610, QTY 120, washers for the inboard side of the handles

Any help with alternate p/ns cross overs or specific sources would be appreciated.

On the composite hoods themselves, I can't guarantee we'll be able to sell them, or even a facsimile to the public, but we may look into providing a 1 piece composite replacement hood if there comes a time there is a need to supply the market.

Thanks,
Peter

-on a personal note, I will build an A2 bobbed custom someday :)

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need is nuts and washers? Should be able to go to the local nut and bolt store and get what you need. Any A3 specific parts are hard to find through surplus. There just isn't many spare parts out there for these trucks.

There should be a civilain market out there for these hoods as more and more get surplused out if they are affordable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to check with Ted Hils at Ted's Trucks n Stuff. I think he had a surplus of fiberglass -A3 hoods at one point.

Yellowsub1962

All you need is nuts and washers? Should be able to go to the local nut and bolt store and get what you need. Any A3 specific parts are hard to find through surplus. There just isn't many spare parts out there for these trucks.

There should be a civilain market out there for these hoods as more and more get surplused out if they are affordable.
Yes, all we are shy right now is the jam nuts and washers. Home Depot china's finest hardware won't suffice for this, it's in support of a DOD contract and we will not put inferior materials on hoods that will be used by military personnel. . The hardware has to meet the same properties as the originals, but I am coming up totally blank on the first p/n. The second with the NSN I have located all the dimensions and material properties so I can get a similar washer that should be acceptable. We have already fabbed, are fabbing, or found surplus of all the hinges, and the rest of the latches, catches, and handles, as well as the hardware.

You might want to check with Ted Hils at Ted's Trucks n Stuff. I think he had a surplus of fiberglass -A3 hoods at one point.
Thanks, I'll give them a call in the morning.

I've already talked to Jack in Az, 100dollarman, and several other surplus guys across the country. Ronnie at Mac Motors in Fort Polk was very helpful, but couldn't supply the missing hardware. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for A2 parts.