• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for mechanic Fox Valley IL

columbia

Hello,

I have a M1009 and am looking for a good mechanic for occasional repairs and maintenance. I live in the Fox Valley area of IL, just west of Chicago.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

lenz1079

heres what i did. go to the nearest large deisel garage and ask the manager if any mechs are vets. if that fails try your legion hall

columbia

No, not fixed yet. This is the third starter (second mech) put on in the last 6 weeks, and as you know they burned up the wiring this time. That after being in the shop for two weeks. I called yesterday and we're waiting on parts, but they still don't have a clue what happened. At least they're not blaming it on injectors or the pump like they were at first. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in these guys, especially after they smoked the wiring. I'l keep in touch. Thanks!

gt1009

Hello there neighbors! I didn't know so many of you were around here. If you need anything you can feel free to pm or e-mail me and I'll try to help, don't know any mechanics though,as I do all my own work. I'm over in St.Charles.