• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for mep-004a part numbers. Belts, filters.

captain

I just picked up a -004a. I'm getting a little crossed eyed from hours of searching. I can not seem to find the part numbers for the 2 fuel filters or the oil filter. I also see that some people found some spin on fuel filters? The part numbers for belts would be nice too. I'm just trying to get some extra spare parts in for common ware items if there are any other suggestions. If anyone has any part numbers that I can use at a store or cross reference. Or if anyone can tell me how to use the numbers in the TM to cross reference to a store it would be greatly appreciated. I have a napa near by but I'll go anywhere. Sorry, I hate to ask dumb questions. It's my first piece of green steel.

Thanks

PeterD

First, do a history search, IIRC all those numbers have been posted. I've posted CarQuest numbers for the filters (they are all common filters, the local store stocks them. The belt is available, wasn't in the store, took a day to get it (again, CarQuest.) For hoses, good luck, they are unobtainable AFAIK, the lower hose can be made up with two 90 degree generic hoses with an inside diameter the right size, and the upper hose can probably be made the same way. You do need to use a pipe nipple as a splice between those two 90 degree hoses and I recommend double clamping that nipple as it doesn't have a ridge to help hold the hoses on it.

I can post the belt number but it may take a week or more to get it--my CarQuest terminal has been down since the hurricane (the servers are in NJ) and I doubt I'll get it up again before the end of the month. They got hit really hard down there.

captain

Thank you for the help. A friend of mine who lives in NJ and works here in PA said he just got power back and it may be 3 months before phone service is restored. So please take your time. How dose a history search differ from using the search box in the menu bar or site:steelsoldiers.com in google? Perhaps that is why I did not find anything on the -004a and only info on the -002/3.

Thanks again.

PeterD

Try searching for MEP-004 and reading the thread titles. That may help some in finding stuff specific to the MEP-004. For the belt I checked the MEP-004 parts manual and there were some part numbers. I then used CarQuest's cross reference to get a part number. Came up as a belt for a generator! IIRC filters were the same, I did a cross reference on the numbers from the book. Sadly it may be a while before I can do that stuff again!

captain

While I am currently in the process of reading every thread you ever posted to in an attempt to find the filter numbers. Can you tell me the best way to drain all the water from the block? I currently have no way to properly load the set to bring the engine up to temp in order to add and circulate the correct coolant through the block. Temps are starting to get around freezing at night so I need to drain it. Is there a bypass will this will eventually drain or do I need to pull the thermostat?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks