• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for MV collectors around Clarksville or LBL area.

jedawson1

Hi Al, I'm in Murfreesboro and I know of a few near the base. Mostly CUCV guys though, last I spoke with one of them there were no other vehicle types so I wouldn't exactly say collectors since these trucks were being driven.

There are more out there, I've reached out but these TN guys can be reclusive.

Al Harvey

I know what you mean about being reclusive. I've run into one other MV guy locally around me by seeing him running his jeep around. I've been that way alot but now I find its can make things easier when you know people with insight.

Are there any gatherings in the Tennessee area? Nashville is not too far from me, well a bit father in a MV at 55 lol

byrdman1312

Hey Al,
I'm a collector and have roots in Stewart Co. I grew up there, all my family is there, including my mother. Most of the family I have left live near Bear Spring and Carlise. I grew up between Indian Mound and Big Rock. Max Touchton and I are friends.
There is a very active MV group around around Millington/Memphis. I'm too far to be a regular member but know several people there. I haven't been on this site in a while, but happy to catch up.
Reguards,
Keith Byrd

swindad2

Hey Al. I am a deuce owner in Franklin, KY. About 40 miles north of Nashville. I wish there was more activity in the area too. We have a pretty good car show here in the fall (a couple hundred). It gets bigger every year, with many categories. I'm thinking of showing my deuce this year just to see what kind if interest I get. I know of one other new deuce owner locally.

Al Harvey

byrdman,
I also have my ties to Stewart County. The display on my Avatar was from Vets Day 2011 at Bear Springs Baptist Church. I've seen alot of people in the Memphis area but it really is a good distance, especially in a MV.

Swindad,
Let me know when I gets close to the car show in the fall. I might just make a trip up there for it and bring a MV or two.

Maybe one day we should do an unoffical gathering some where in the middle of everyone? Just a thought.

Al Harvey

Tigger,
I'm seriously looking into going to the GA rally. Never been but everything I've seen about the past rallys makes it look too good miss. If I can get the duece registered and trustworthy I might take it and bring the Mutt or Mule also. Maybe all three never know.

byrdman1312

Tigger,
I used to go to the show at South Pittsburg, until they quit having it. South Pittsburg is west of Chattanoga on I-24. What county is Butler in? There is an MV group around Nashville, maybe in Franklin I think. Maybe a bunch of us should go to some car shows and see what kind of reception we get. There is a local show near me that I want to take my weasel to, place it with all the old Studebaker cars. It's a Studebaker too, afterall.

To those of you that are more knowledgeable about this site, how do you place your vehicle lists, and other things, on your postings? Am I overlooking the instructions somewhere?

Thanks, Keith

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Johnson Co. Its up. in the far east corner of TN. right up in the tip! I take mine to the local car show all the time, I have the only MV there.

jedawson1

Hey Tigger, I'll be driving through the tri-cities this Friday and Saturday to go see Maddawg308 in Virginia about a truck. 10 hours each way is gonna make for a long 2 days. How's your family member doing (sister was it) That got hit? My father is retired hwy patrol I remember my mother worrying to death about him working the interstate.

Al Harvey

To those of you that are more knowledgeable about this site, how do you place your vehicle lists, and other things, on your postings? Am I overlooking the instructions somewhere?
I think your wanting to do your signature. Its under settings at the top of the page. Then click edit signature.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe I just saw this thread. I'm in Dickson and yamabro and a couple of others are in Erin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks