• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for picts or video of FMTVs moving through deep snow : )

Reworked LMTV

Anyone have picts or videos of their trucks moving through deep snow? Donno why, I just like seeing this : ) Maybe it is because, when the snow is too deep, who you gonna call? ; ) :popcorn: I have watched all the vids on Youtube.

snowtrac nome

hold your horses mine wont arrive till the spring barge season but by next winter I will have some for you may get some for you this summer as I take the truck to work in some strange places.

Reworked LMTV

hold your horses mine wont arrive till the spring barge season but by next winter I will have some for you may get some for you this summer as I take the truck to work in some strange places.
Horses must be fed! :deadhorse:Otherwise we'll be beating a dead one lol :popcorn:
:deadhorse:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
We havent had any deep snow here since I have had lmtvs unfortunately. The m923a2 plows thru deep snow on xc tire pressure setting.

Reworked LMTV

Have you searched youtube ?
Since SS doesn't host video's most any link posted here will be a youtube link.
Yes, I have searched and watched Youtube vids. I'm also trying to figure out what you do in a slide with Non ABS air brakes. Obviously pumping the brakes is what we do in cars, but what about air brakes?

snowtrac nome

air brakes can be modulated too just like auto brakes the problem becomes air capacity I remember running a 923 out of air descending a long icy road you get a real uneasy feeling when the air pressure warning comes on.

expeditionnw

Yes, I have searched and watched Youtube vids. I'm also trying to figure out what you do in a slide with Non ABS air brakes. Obviously pumping the brakes is what we do in cars, but what about air brakes?

Drive it like a 18,000 lb truck. Drop it into a gear that wont let you get out of control, air down your tires( yes it helps on ice), and stay off the brakes. If you arent confident doing those things, leave it at home and take the wifes suby.

expeditionnw

Been looking a Harbor Freight's 18,000. Wonder if I could come up with a 24 volt motor for it ?
looks like they just use the standard motor size and use a much bigger gear reduction end to achieve 18k. that thing must be slow as mud! Anyway, Those motors are same for Tmax, smittybilts, cheap Ramsey, basically any of the china low end winches use the same motor. I bet you could find one in 24v.

Reworked LMTV

air brakes can be modulated too just like auto brakes the problem becomes air capacity I remember running a 923 out of air descending a long icy road you get a real uneasy feeling when the air pressure warning comes on.
Best answer. Thank you!

MaiNiaK

I haven't been in deep snow with mine yet. My excavator needs a water pump so I'd have nothing to pull it out if I got stuck.
I have driven it down my driveway (35deg slope) in the winter and I'll never do it again without chains. When I did go down I manually shifted down to first. As soon as I started down it started sliding, the rearend kept trying to come around. So I tried the brakes, I started sliding faster, I shifted up to second and kept tapping the brakes. The truck almost came sideways on me but I finnaly got it under control before my driveway dumped out onto the road, which has another long 30deg slope.
I now store my truck at our other house in town. A friend (retired truck driver) is giving me a bunch of dual wheel chains that are almost new. So I bought a large chain tool and plan to put 2 sets together to make 1 set.

Scariest ride of my life (aside from my snowmobile).

Reworked LMTV

I haven't been in deep snow with mine yet. My excavator needs a water pump so I'd have nothing to pull it out if I got stuck.
I have driven it down my driveway (35deg slope) in the winter and I'll never do it again without chains. When I did go down I manually shifted down to first. As soon as I started down it started sliding, the rearend kept trying to come around. So I tried the brakes, I started sliding faster, I shifted up to second and kept tapping the brakes. The truck almost came sideways on me but I finnaly got it under control before my driveway dumped out onto the road, which has another long 30deg slope.
I now store my truck at our other house in town. A friend (retired truck driver) is giving me a bunch of dual wheel chains that are almost new. So I bought a large chain tool and plan to put 2 sets together to make 1 set.

Scariest ride of my life (aside from my snowmobile).
Very interesting....Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks