• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for picture of temperature sender location

UnimogMike

Does any one have a picture of where the temp. sender is located and how do you check oil pressure sender or what is the Napa replacement part number for oil pressure sender?

Thank you

Mike

Capt.Marion

Temp sender is beneath the oil filter canister, in the back corner of the block. I'll try and find a picture, I have one somewhere.

And I'll check on the oil pressure sender.

Capt.Marion

Okay, the temp. sender can be seen in the second attached picture in this post:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showpost.php?p=304685&postcount=8

The oil pressure sender is next to the oil filler pipe, on the driver's side of the engine.

a picture is attached

EDIT: There may not be a NAPA number for the oil pressure sending unit. I'd check with AB Linn in Salisbury, NC, or Charles Talbert at M Series Rebuild, if you can't find an oil pressure sender.

Attachments

Last edited:

CGarbee

You can get correct oil pressure sending units from Star Electric, Midwest Military, ACE Surplus (Sid Beck), Saturn Surplus, and ABLinn. I know that several of the dealers out there have the early ones set up for the metal wiring harness connectors, some only have the rubber ones, but you can make a pigtail adapter (or rework your harness) to utilize them.
Just make sure that you match the sender to the guage, 60psi or 120psi...

There is a cross reference chart on my website for M37 and Power Wagon parts, but the oil pressure and temp senders are military specific with no direct cross. I also have a page that shows part numbers for DATCON guages that I (and some other folks) have used and liked...

Good luck.

UnimogMike

Thank you every body for your help. How do you test oil pressure sender and the water temperature sender and corresponding guages. Does any body have wiring diagram for the two units.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks