• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for replacement bearing and seal for Water Pump 12557071.

Jake59

Progress report 1:

Tried drilling this morning... no joy... hardly scratched the clamped down race in a drill press with Cobalt bit.

So back to researching and learning... and of course there is an easy and safe way to drill a hole in hardened steel ...
I'll try this other method first and then report back with the results...

Already trained on the old bearings how to assemble and disassemble them easily and without damaging.

OK, so now first I need to get a price quote for the repair parts of these water pumps and then we will start assembling the upgraded "Lifetime warranted" water pump for 6.5L diesel. The lifetime warranty requires the user to periodically grease the water pump bearing and of course, if it never runs without water, because that will still ruin the seal which is made of ceramic on one side and carbon on the other and when ran dry, the carbon grinds away really fast, despite the extremely smooth ceramic friction surface, but I guess dry run generates lots of heat in the seal and thus ...

Jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks