• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for seat reviews?

my blood flows OD

It seems like there is a whole lot of guys doing seat upgrades, and a few different options for better NOS seats, HEMTT, MRAP, ect.
i think it would be extreamly helpful if a few of the gents that are more knowledgable about these seats could do sort of a little "product review" on the different models and styles of seats that are commonly used in upgrades.
What are the features?
What is the suspension?
Do they recline? (Might be good to know for a crew cab)
Do they rip or stain easy?
Are there color options?
There is a lot of really smart guys here. It would be cool to be able to get one thread with pictures and descriptions on each model of seat.

Last edited:

red

I'm using the MRAP jump seats. These pics are from when they were in my deuce, now the driver seat is in the m816 wrecker.

IMG_20141116_115241618.jpg

IMG_20141116_110023611.jpg

Much more comfortable than stock, easy to install in a soft top truck. With a hard top you need to angle the seat forward to clear the back wall because these are reclined back in a fixed position. Very comfortable. I've gone 10-12hr drives with no back/butt pain after changing to these seats. 5'10" and the built in headrest works well with plenty more available for those over 6'. Using the stock spring base.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They are nice seats. I sliced the base plate off of the original seat, bolted the plate back in. Put the air ride seat in, adjusted it till it was just right, marked the base, took it all out and welded the base plate to the seat base and bolted it right in. Air can be tapped under the truck I used a 90psi protective valve and a regulator in the cab.

my blood flows OD

image.jpgI ran these Cat seats in my bobbed deuce. I loved them. Air ride. Each seat had a built in 24v compressor. Not sure what type of equipment they came out of. They weren't installed but they came with the truck. I don't have pics of the center seat/ console. It was out of an 03ish dodge 2500. It fit nicely once I removed the inside armrests. I made a custom base with a hidden compartment.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HEMTT are heavy canvas and OD in color. Flat four bolt base will mount flat but need to make a channel up no problem.
Bostrom Baha black was the replacement for the 20 tons. Bostrom would run you about $500 from a dealer and they are made to order if you could not find one sitting some where.
The Bostrom reclines and has flat base with holes so just drill and bolt. The Bostrom sat just a little higher than I liked and I am 5'9" 180 lb. in the 939 series for me. My eyes were not center of the windshield and had to run just enough air to correct. They are a nice seat and no staining them. With fabric guard the Hemtt would be had pressed to stain.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of installing HEMTT air ride seats in my Oshkosh, its not done yet but they sure seem like a very comfortable seat. They are exactly like what Floridianson posted in the comment above!
KK

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the Bostrom is a great seat and mounts with out anything other than checking the underneath the cab before you drill. You can use just big washers or to make it even better two flat bar stock between two of the bolts to grip more steel.
I have too many of the Hemtt seats but no way to ship at this time.http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?152812-Hemtt-air-ride-seats

Last edited:

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks