• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for seat upgrade & replacement ideas.

Jeep Nasty

As the crew cab conversion on my m923a2 is moving faster than expected, I need to start thinking about seats. I don't mind keeping the 2 springer seats I have in the front, but I wouldn't mind something more comfortable with the 3 pt seat belt built into it. I definitely need something with 3pt built into It for three rear seats as all my kids are in booster seats.

I'm cheap / on a budget, so I can't swing big money. I'm hoping for something with a flat base for easy mounting and I can fab up some risers if needed.

has anyone had luck with anything, or been looking into this.

Or any ideas of particular seat set ups that could be pulled from a salvage yard vehicles to work.

Jeep Nasty

Hey, sounds cool. I would love to see it. let me know if I can help.
i have a pretty extensive build thread with lots if pic here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=120244&goto=newpost

If you want to mosey on up to Southern NH you are more
than welcome to see it in person. I'm 10 minutes north of Haverhill mass. I may need your help with your inventory of parts. I might be looking for a set if front springs, if I decide to bob it down the road. Also I was hoping you might have a junk m939 transmission that I can pirate for parts. The rear most part if
my transmission housing has a
tiny crack in it that weeps oil. It is where the metal line comes out the rear, bottom near
The output shaft yoke. They over tightened the line and cracked the housing, so I'll eventually need to replace the rear
section if housing.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought about passenger van rear seats? They are usually available in different width depending on whether it is next to the side door or not. They are usually easily removable if you snag the original bolt-down hardware. And they usually have the seatbelts attached to the seat frame because it makes removal easier. Check out a pick-a-part. They should be pretty cheap.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you're wanting to keep it military seats, here are some other options. ATD should have them at Aberdeen in a few weeks. The one in post 9 picture once the frame is removed (6 or 8 bolts) is what I'm planning to use in my new truck and CUCV for driver/passenger side seat. As for a back seat, it depends on if you're going bench or individual seat. If you use the ones that VPED put in his truck (which is a really nice job might I add) you could go 3 across and if nobody is using a seat, flip it up and use if for storage or something. Maybe even add ammo can tiedown brackets under the seats so you can have that as storage.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?103198-MRAP-Seats-in-a-deuce-or-5-ton&highlight=seat

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a Bostrom in the 931 and it makes the ride nice but it sits a little high.
I had that same seat in my M934 and they are a little high, but you just let a little air out and it was fine.
Did ride nice!!!
I think they are the Bostrom T915, they make a T910 that is not as high in the base.

Jeep Nasty

I like the idea of van seats in the back, I would need to find some that have shoulder belts built in not just lap belts. I think the MRAP seats are cool, but if i'm join to replace, i'd like something more comfy. I think i'll have to hit craigslist and salvage yards to find the rear seats and may just keep the spring seats in the front as some of those air rides are out of my price range for now.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MRAPs are comfy, at least a lot more so that the stock. The ones that CARNAC refers to are even more comfortable than the troop seat versions I have. But buying 5 or 6 for a crew cab can get pricey. I have seen vans with three point belts but do not remember make/model. Modern pickup truck seats like on my 05 Duramax have three point belts that are part of the seat, as opposed to anchoring to the vehicle, another option.

Rkrug

Heres the seat I got from 91w305,he was selling them at an extremely reasonably price. Its air ride and has a flat mounting base and is extremely comfortable.
IMG_1047.jpgIMG_1046.jpgIMG_1045.jpg

350TacoZilla

Dodge ram 98-02 quad cab front seats have the shoulder belt made into the seat itself, you could use 2 driver sections and a pass or vise versa. I had looked into these since big rig junk yards are kinda few and far between it seems.(or atleast I cant find them)

Jeep Nasty

I found some 3rd row seats out of a 2004 Yukons that have the seatbelts built in. I got 2 sets in leather for $100 bucks. I can fit 1 and 1/2 sets in the back. Making seating for 4 with seatbelts. The other 1/2 set will go in the passenger front seat. Now I will find a front driver seat with the belt. I want something that is adjustable unlike the fixed position on the other seats. I updated when I find the right GMC Chevy Front seat from the same date range. I'll update when I figure out how I will mount them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks