• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for some North TX Deuce Owners - Nickel Tour

shack

Hey all,

I'm new to this site as well as MV's in general. I really want to get a deuce and have committed myself to doing as much research as possible before buying one. I'm hoping someone local wouldn't mind taking a noob under his wing and giving him the nickel tour of his deuce. I can offer volunteer hours as a trade off to help you work on your rig if you need it in the North Texas area.

Basically, I'm looking for as much hands-on experience as I can get. Need help changing oil? Need help changing a tire? Painting? Sanding/Prepwork? Etc? I know how to turn a wrench, I just don't have any big vehicle working knowledge.

Thanks

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

91W350

The deuce forum would probably have been a good spot, but we need an event close enough for Kansas boys to attend. Last year the Kansas Museum of Military History in Augusta put on an open house that was free to the public and a bunch of vehicles came in for the day. I plan to go down again this year, if you want to come up, you can drive mine. I am sure there is a rural road nearby that we can get you initiated on. I know there is a bunch great guys in your area and the Oklahoma City area has a great bunch of guys as well. Glen

Kansas Museum of Military History

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you aboard :grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Sounds like you're jumping in with both feet :jumpin: Good for you :!:

If you ever find yourself out around San Angelo, give me a shout.

Again....

W E L C O M E !!!

shack

Thanks Clepto. Just on initial thinking, I've been flip flopping on wanting a bobber or a 6er... I'd love to check out both.

Riktord

Welcome and in two weeks I will FINALLY be swapping over the mains to my Super Singles. I am in South Fort Worth if you're wanting to help.

Riktord

Not to thread jack but there are a bunch of Jeepers hitting trails this Saturday night. i got invited and if any other FMV peeps wanna join. PM me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks