• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for something I saw on Google

missoula4x4

I saw a pic of an M35 on google images on my phone when looking for something for a friend today. It was a double cab super single with both rear axles and what looked like the full length bed. Anybody have any pics of this? It supposedly came off of this site but I've spent the last 2 hours searching for it and haven't come up with anything.

missoula4x4

That is it!!! thanks for being so quick. That looks like it would be an awesome rig to drive. I've been wanting a deuce for a while now, saw that and immediately wanted to build one. Up until that one the only double cab deuces i've seen are all the 4x4 conversion and bobbed, and I prefer the 6x6.

If you wanna stay 6X6, it would be a good investment to hook yourself up with either a hydraulic or air-assisted steering rig. Just about any deuce weather bobbed or full-size is gonna be hard to steer, but a full set of 10 tires on a deuce means you have 2 tires steering and 8 more that just wanna go straight so it becomes a fight. While I prefer going super-single just for the benefit of radial tires that let you decide where the truck goes, rather than taking hints from the ruts and lines in the road that'll keep you busy with the biased-ply NDT tires. The 72 KJ M35A2 in my avatar is getting ready to go to a buddy's for a bob job using the M105 in the bed for parts. In addition to easier steering, I'm also expecting the transformation from 10,530LBS to 9470LBS and subtle differences in fuel milage and speed/power. Some People like em stock, and some are more into repurposing the truck to suit them just like the first owners!
:driver:

missoula4x4

If you wanna stay 6X6, it would be a good investment to hook yourself up with either a hydraulic or air-assisted steering rig. Just about any deuce weather bobbed or full-size is gonna be hard to steer, but a full set of 10 tires on a deuce means you have 2 tires steering and 8 more that just wanna go straight so it becomes a fight. While I prefer going super-single just for the benefit of radial tires that let you decide where the truck goes, rather than taking hints from the ruts and lines in the road that'll keep you busy with the biased-ply NDT tires. The 72 KJ M35A2 in my avatar is getting ready to go to a buddy's for a bob job using the M105 in the bed for parts. In addition to easier steering, I'm also expecting the transformation from 10,530LBS to 9470LBS and subtle differences in fuel milage and speed/power. Some People like em stock, and some are more into repurposing the truck to suit them just like the first owners!
:driver:

If I did one, going super-single is a must. If for nothing else, I'm an offroader and the bigger the tires the better. Definitely would have to try and fit 53" ZXLs even if it means a custom lift and moving the rear axles.

missoula4x4

I'm pretty new into the whole big military trucks deal. Back as a little kid I always wanted a slant back humvee, but after getting older and seeing the price and condition of them, I've changed.

On another note, has anyone heard of throwing an engine/trans combo from a semi into a deuce?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
On another note, has anyone heard of throwing an engine/trans combo from a semi into a deuce?
If you are talking a Class 8 engine transmission (big rig) it would not fit and even if you made it fit the front springs would not support it.

The prices of 5 tons are getting lower every day.....I agree with the sage advice of the above.....if you want BIG tires get a 5 ton.

missoula4x4

If you are talking a Class 8 engine transmission (big rig) it would not fit and even if you made it fit the front springs would not support it.

The prices of 5 tons are getting lower every day.....I agree with the sage advice of the above.....if you want BIG tires get a 5 ton.
I was asking about the big rig engines more for the being able to get over 55mph, not so much for turning big tires. Highways here in Montana are 75mph and with all of the drunk drivers, it's dumb to be doing anything less than the 75.

tiny110

Banned
My 5ton m818 will do 65-70 all day on 53 inch tires. I have gotten use to doing 60 all the time. The extra 10 or 15 miles an hour is not worth the wear and tare and extra fuel. The more you try to modify and change the truck the more it'll turn into just a big money pit. Why would you need to worry about the drunk drivers anyway. You would be driving a tank. Lol