• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for spare tire M101A1

koolex11

Hello all, I'm new to the site, just picked up my first trailer from GL (and an angle grinder!) but I'm having a really tough time locating a spare. I searched the interweb, checked SS classifieds, and spent some time looking through the threads, but found nothing. Sorry if I am looking in the wrong place. Anybody know where I can get one? Anybody want to sell me one???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheel is the same as the M37 Dodge rim. You might want to look at the Power Wagon pages as well and see if someone there has a spare.

Wish I saw this thread a year back, I had 5 spare rims, but I sold them last fall....

OLDCHEV4X4

Hello from S.E. Pa.
I got my spare from Colemans Military Surplus in Millersburg. $75 NDT tire on a rim holding air.
Your near Kempton? The drags are coming up soon.

koolex11

Thanks Chev, that's the best lead so far! I have a call in to them. I'm about 15 minutes from the Kempton fair. Funny I was just looking at the schedule for 4x4 races. They don't have any deuces run up there, do they?

koolex11

Thanks Chief for the offer, but for the price of shipping I might as well buy another trailer! Maybe I'll stop by next time we drive to Disney;-)

OLDCHEV4X4

Thanks Chev, that's the best lead so far! I have a call in to them. I'm about 15 minutes from the Kempton fair. Funny I was just looking at the schedule for 4x4 races. They don't have any deuces run up there, do they?
I've never seen a deuce race in the drags. But they might in the pulls. I used to race a blue 69 Blazer in the drags.
I'm going right through Millersburg tomorrow on my way to the Line Mountain race track. Saturn surplus is in Millersburg too, but I dont think they will have a spare tire.

koolex11

I just saw your offer for the spare, Oasis. Thanks, I found one. It was a lot of work. I wish I had gotten the email alert of your reply! Anyway I think I'll stick with A2's and A3's from now on. Now I'm working on a spare tire holder...

koolex11

It was quite the adventure. Real word-of-mouth deal. I kept talking to old timers in my town that had any interest in cars, and finally my barber led me to a guy up the road with 4 Dodge Power Wagons. He dug up a rim and bead blasted it to make sure the ring was soundly fitted and sold it to me for $50. THEN I had to go to 5 tire shops before I found someone who know anything about Budd split ring wheels. He threw on the sleeve tube and a used Firestone for another $50. The other shops just said "that thing is broken" or "that tire is obsolete" or "that's a suicide wheel" but the guy who helped me didn't say a word and was done in 5 minutes!

With all the trouble I had with a simple thing like a rim and tire, I will never know how you deuce guys do it!

koolex11

I am getting quite the education on military restoration. This is the first time I have stepped out of my woodworking shop to do something with metal, but it is a fun way to spend the summer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks