• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for tie dow shackles for a CUCV

zyrtecx

I have all four from a 1985 M1009 CUCV parts vehicle that I have...
PM me and let me know...
That are original and in excellent condition, but still on the vehicle...

SmokeyDod

The "D" rings are same for front & back, but the back sq. tubing parts are longer on the back bumper. Also the 4 pins are the same. You should take one with one to Tractor Supply as they probably will work but I don't think they are exactly the same.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have a couple pair of extra D rings laying around. PM me if you need them.

I don't have the extension tubes here, they are still up in Maryland on the vehicles. Once I get those vehicles, I will have several pairs of those.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only item more sought after than a CUCV key, is the CUCV tie-down shackel!

jimm1009

tie down shackels

Historically speaking the following is not correct but the front shackels from a deuce or 5 ton work just as well on the front of a CUCV and actually look more correct.
I've had a deuce front set on my M1009 for 15 years and they work just fine.
The deuce rears will on the front or back of the CUCV as well.
I like the front ones as they are swept back somewhat.
just my 1.7 cents worth but lots of deuce shackles arouind.

Send me your e-mail address & I can send you a picture of the from of my M1009 with them installed if you want... jimm1009@yahoo.com

jimm1009 here on S.S.

Last edited:

ChevyFan1207

I have a couple pair of extra D rings laying around. PM me if you need them.

I don't have the extension tubes here, they are still up in Maryland on the vehicles. Once I get those vehicles, I will have several pairs of those.
Hey Carnac, if no one PMs you, let me know! I'm in search of D Rings! :twisted:

Last edited:

CUCV85

true

The only item more sought after than a CUCV key, is the CUCV tie-down shackel!
:arrow:For looks of course, all you NEED is one up front and that's for good measure.
The Pintle is back there - so SHARE Fellas, help those beggers out.
Yes, I am terrible - I have all 4 :grin:
Really though,
one up front is all you N E E D
Leave your pintle OR obtain one,
Place Lic Plate to one side or the other With Lic Plate Light
and mount your hitches to the FRAME.

jimm1009

Bad Advice

Guys and Gals it seems that I don't know entirely what the heck I'm talking about.

I took a picture of the Deuce front and the CUCV front with the same shackle installed on both trucks. It is a 1 inch diameter pin for both trucks and both shackles.
What I royally screwed up on is the rears.
The one for the deuce is not 1 inch pinned. It is probably 7/8 diameter but definetly not 1 inch so the rear deuce shackle will not fit the CUCV without bushings.
I'm sorry that I presented "misinformation" to the group and those reading this thread.
I've posted the picture of the Duece rear which is close but no cigar, and the CUCV front, the CUCV Rear (genuine correct CUCV shackle on rear) and the Deuce front so that you can see the differences.
This is me slinking away now................ :doh:

jimm1009

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks