• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Tires

Rebelpride

I am planning to lift my M1008A1 when I get the "card" paid off. And wanted to know if anyone had any gently used tires in the 36-38" range or could tell me where I could get a set reasonably.

84cucv1ton

if you dont mind shipping. i have a friend who has many 36" hummer tires. few 37" hummer tires. i have a set of lavs i would let go off cheap. they are about 38" tall plmk

84cucv1ton

at one point i had 7-8 sets. these are the last ones i have. never had them on my trucks yet, but seem like a damn good tire.

msoumas

Re: RE: Looking for Tires

84cucv1ton said:
if you dont mind shipping. i have a friend who has many 36" hummer tires. few 37" hummer tires. i have a set of lavs i would let go off cheap. they are about 38" tall plmk
What does your friend want for the hummer tires?

Rebelpride

Would the XL's fit on my M1008 with a 4" lift and some trimming?
Stupid question but are they mounted on Humvee rims in the pic and do the rims come with the tire?

84cucv1ton

you looking for new or used tires? 36s or 37s. pretty sure he sold a set of new 36s to a old friend for 400 with 2 good used spares. the xls will fit. a guy i meet has xls on a 4" lift. with some cutting. was easy to, we just cut the rust out. not sure what to do with the edge tho. his truck flexes pretty well. cut into the tire a bit. sure someone know a good way to fix it

msoumas

84cucv1ton said:
you looking for new or used tires? 36s or 37s. pretty sure he sold a set of new 36s to a old friend for 400 with 2 good used spares. the xls will fit. a guy i meet has xls on a 4" lift. with some cutting. was easy to, we just cut the rust out. not sure what to do with the edge tho. his truck flexes pretty well. cut into the tire a bit. sure someone know a good way to fix it
I'd go for whatever is good, cheap, and will fit on my 1009 with relatively little modification. :)

Croatan_Kid

I run XZLs on my truck with 4 inches of lift. Yes, they work great, ride good, and balance just fine! Surprisingly enough, the closer tread blocks on the XZLs pull good too, XLs would be more of a mud tire.

CCATLETT1984

Rebelpride said:
Would the XL's fit on my M1008 with a 4" lift and some trimming?
Stupid question but are they mounted on Humvee rims in the pic and do the rims come with the tire?
yeah they would. if you have hmmwv rims on the truck then you'd just need to trim a bit of the rear edge off the front fender opening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks