• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for tow bar chains

BMS07

Is there a special safty chains the military used when towing
2 1/2 or 5 ton trucks. When useing a tow bar? Was there a chain
on the 5 ton wreckers design specialy for this?
Thanks Brad

M1075

BMS07 said:
Is there a special safty chains the military used when towing
2 1/2 or 5 ton trucks. When useing a tow bar? Was there a chain
on the 5 ton wreckers design specialy for this?
Thanks Brad
There is a standard chain issued with 5 ton trucks w/ winches. That is what I have used when towing. The big loops in either end work great for attaching the chain to towing shackles so it can't come loose. I think the TM says to run the chain(s) back to the spring hangars, but I have just looped it around the winch/bumper. Here is a pic of what I did:

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Looking for tow bar chains

these are the chains that i have for sale, been on the classifieds send me a pm Tim

acetomatoco

I have used the safety chains from the shelter carriers with great success..they are longer than those on the normal M series units.

blackdog

I always take some of these chains up to Tower Park... will have some more this time...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks