• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for volunteers

grunckey

I am a member of Westfield River Valley Det.141 Marine Corps League, located in Westfield, Massachusetts.

Sept 16th, 2012 we will host once again our 5th annual Toys for Kids, Marines Helping Marines motorcycle ride. Previous years were the Toys for Tots but we have since had a fallen out with that organization and have now become the Toys for Kids, with all toys collected going to the Shriners Hospital for Children and all money collected going to the MHM fund which is part of Wounded Warrior. Last year $5400 was donated to the fund. It is a strictly all volunteer event from the donations of pigs for the cook out afterwards, to the person who cooks them, all food donated all raffle prizes, entertainment etc is all donated by companies across the USA. Last year we did have a person bring up a M24 Chaffee light tank for a static display from the eastern part of the state, also a M37 weapons carrier, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial race car. we could use more.

Ride is roughly 100 miles long starting at the american legion in Agawam , MA and winds thru the back hill towns with a MANDATORY 1/2 hr break at the VA Hospital in Leeds before continuing on down to the Holyoke Soldiers Home , ending back at the American Legion in Southwick, MA for the cook out and to watch any motor cross race that may be going on that day. AL Post 338 owns the track which is the only sand track on the championship race events. Week prior to last years ride 10,000 people were present for the nationally televised event. last years riders got to watch the truck,4x4, jeep race that was going on that day as well.
race that may be happening that day at the track.

The Eastern States Exposition ( annual state fair) otherwise known as the Big E is going on at that time. Our ride takes you away from all the noise, and congestion. Make it a family day..Bring the vehicles down, drop the wife and kids off at the fair grounds, you go on the ride the family goes and enjoys the fair. Meet up afterwards

Registration for the bikers is 8am-10 am with kickstands up at 10 and we hit the ending roughly about 2 pm . If anyone wishes to contact me on this please send an email to either usmc334@yahoo.com or usmc7280@yahoo.com

cucv1833

Welcome to the site!

Good luck on your fund-raisers and events.

I will be doing the same thing around that time also with the MCL-Det 535 around my area.