• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking in Florida

akguy

Hello there, living in Naples FL right now but was wondering if anyone living close( well, kinda anyways) would let someone who really likes duece's but can't afford one right now to stop by and take a look at one and take some pic's? Kind of a history buff of World War 2 and .....yes...... have a "green machine" addiction. Of course my wife calls it something else. I guess i have to visit a jewelery store to give myself a chance at swaying her over to the "dark side"........uh....oops....i mean the "green side". Anyways, just wondering.

Awesome Web Site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off welcome to the site. SS seems to be getting more Florida members every day. There are some SS members down your way but I don't know how close is close for you. If you don't mind a drive there is a Florida get together coming up the first weekend of June. I think it is listed under the Events forum. Should be a lot of mil trucks there. I plan on going up for the day on Saturday. If you want to drive up to Tampa and catch a ride with me the rest of the way I have no problem with that.

On another note does the AK in your user name refer to Alaska or AK-47's? Jusy wondering.

Added: Never mind, I just looked at your profile. :) Cool, another Alaskan. We just moved down to Florida from Anchorage back in December. It's nice to have warmer temps but now it's getting too hot.

Ruppster

Last edited:

yetti96

I recently saw a Deuce on the Saturday before Mother's day heading North on 41, going to turn West on Immokalee road around 7:30pm or so. Not sure who it was but it looks nice and restored and IIRC it had clean OD paint job and white markings and star on the door. The windshields were open, but I had not camera :(

Time for a SWFL meet and greet.

akguy

Hello there and thank you for the response's. Yes, the AK stands for Alaska. there for almost 35 years. Nice place!!!! I will try to come to the june get together depending on my work schedule. FM5332FF i will give you a call and maybe set up a time i could come up and take a look at your truck. Thank you for the invite! And thanks to everyone here. Great site and great people.

MARCO1031

Hey ak welcome to the site. I live just south of you on Marco. I don't have a deuce now but did have an M35A2 several years ago. Right now I have an M1031 that I am setting up as a mobile shop truck. Drop me a line if you want to talk green stuff some time.