• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking into buying a M275. advice?

badga the badger

i decided to hunt for and buy a M275 deuce tractor within the next year and a half and was doing research and thought i would just ask the experts on what to be looking for and what a good price would be for one is.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have one that I am considering selling......it needs a head gasket but runs...no coolant in oil.

I love it to death but I am thinning the herd and would like to see it go to someone that would restore it and give it the love it deserves.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I can give you a yardstick.

There was a guy near me that sold one one ebay a few years ago...very good restoration, new soft top, new three color camo paint. Looked and ran like new.
It sold for a hair over 8 grand.
I'll take a little less than half that for mine.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last 2 years or so good solid runners with no rust have been going 3-4K. Rust or non running drop it respectively. I am sure Kenny will chime in sooner or later on his sale.:beer:

badga the badger

well the main reason im only getting info at this point is that my funds for a MV is like $150 right now. got to pay bills and stuff so not in a postion to purchus one. im hoping in about a years time i will be the proud owner of one...i hope

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well the main reason im only getting info at this point is that my funds for a MV is like $150 right now. got to pay bills and stuff so not in a postion to purchus one. im hoping in about a years time i will be the proud owner of one...i hope
Well, if from AL just put it on the card and feed it Lacquer Thinner. Oops, sorry Richard...:shock: No don't do that.:cookoo:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price is subjective to availability. Rare doesn't always mean high priced. My M275A2 should have sold for $4500 but I barely got $2500 for it. Why, at the time I needed to sell it, nobody was in the market for one. Very few people shop for the M275A2 so its all going tpo hinge on the sellers willingness to deal and the buyers willingness to pay. Finding one sitting abandoned has happened but not nearly as much as you would a cargo. Might be better off building an M48A2 for your needs.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot depends on what you want to do with it- tow a trailer? haul things?

A true m275 is a short wheelbase truck, with a short frame. A m48 is basically a standard m35 with a 5th wheel.

If your only going to pull say a m146 box trailer, or other small trailer, without much weight, it would be a fine truck. Anything bigger or heavier, and you will want an m818. Or you could just want to drive it around as is.

housemover

My deuce tractor is the truck I like best is it practical not at all. If I need to haul anything I mostly use the 818. But every
time I think of gitting rid of the little tractor I just couldn't. The 5ton would go first.