• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to buy CARC paint Locally

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for CARC Green, Black, Brown 383 I Live in Ft Lauderdale. Does anyone know where I can pick this up locally?

gungearz

Good luck, there are plenty of threads on using alternative paints because CARC isn't cheap and easy to come by locally. You will get a big hazmat charge for deliveries. That's why we use alternative paints. You might want to consider looking into that route...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would Like to have CARC But If there Is as Good paint? That could work? and as for State? Ft Lauderdale Is In Florida.

CPAPPY

Carc paint

I use CARC paint and have no problem getting it, I have it shipped from a store in Cincinnati Ohio about 60 mile away. 4 gal shipped cost me only $15.00 cheaper than driving there. I really like the product goes on nice and looks great and flat.

Scrounge41

I buy commercial coatings from my local (St. Augustine) Sherwin-Williams and they would not sell me CARC. They said I would need some special certification. I went with their Resilience line of acrylic paints and am happy with the results. You can find a lot of info if you search under "acrylic latex".

KsM715

I would Like to have CARC But If there Is as Good paint? That could work? and as for State? Ft Lauderdale Is In Florida.

I wouldn't argue with Doghead. He is a moderator and the rules say "State" not city. People have been banned for less. If your the type that likes to butt heads then this will be a short lived membership.

Not trying to get in your face about it just warning you.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank everyone for you help @CPAPPY went to Sherwin Williams here In Ft Lauderdale Fl yesturday and picked up a Gallon of Carc Green 383 #F93G110 :-D

CPAPPY

carc paint

Make sure you have it shook just before you use it because there will be about 1" of pigment in the bottom, also have them shake it 3 times. This is a must. Also clean up is very important so make sure you clean the can and lid well; otherwise you will trash the can trying to reopen it. I usually take mine to Lowe's to have mine shook.

Hollowman

CPAPPY, Are you using the "new" two part waterbourne formula CARC? Do you have the item numbers for the two parts? I've been trying to get my local Cleveland chemical coatings store to get me some and they keep giving me the runaround and raising the price each time I ask. If you'll give me the contact info for the store where you get it, I'll just order it through them.

Thanks,

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased a gallon of Behr at Home Depot.

I've painted the bed of the M1028A2 dually. It's drying in the garage. I'm going to let it dry overnight. Then paint the front half. THEN paint the inside of the bed last. I used a close cell foam roller. It actually looks pretty good. Call it a 3 ft paint job. Any closer than three feet and it looks OK. Kinda like what it looked like when the military painted it.

Worst case, I can repaint it later. We will see.

View attachment 360103

View attachment 360104

And of course, the day I picked to paint, started out great and then clouds rolled in. It never actually rained here, but it did rain all around us. That's why it's in the garage. So it can dry.

CPAPPY

I just purchased a gallon of Behr at Home Depot.

I've painted the bed of the M1028A2 dually. It's drying in the garage. I'm going to let it dry overnight. Then paint the front half. THEN paint the inside of the bed last. I used a close cell foam roller. It actually looks pretty good. Call it a 3 ft paint job. Any closer than three feet and it looks OK. Kinda like what it looked like when the military painted it.

Worst case, I can repaint it later. We will see.

View attachment 360103

View attachment 360104

And of course, the day I picked to paint, started out great and then clouds rolled in. It never actually rained here, but it did rain all around us. That's why it's in the garage. So it can dry.

Is that a latex paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks