• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to identify part

USAMP1980

I have tried and am still trying to find it in the various TMs. Of course detail can be lacking in the old black & white TMs.

If anyone can identify this part by name or NSN I would greatly appreciate it.
I am referring to the dark part in the middle that is clearly leaking, between the air cleaner housing and the turbo... with two brass-looking fittings on top.

[LDT-465 w/ D-turbo]

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the nozzle and check valve for the Flame Heater. We have covered this many times.

TM 9-2320-361-34P, Figure 31, Item #25

flame heater.jpg

When ever I am stumped on a part, I open the parts manual, find the general area of the item and then find the picture of the specific item. That is what I just did and within 30 seconds I had the info.

Here is one of the many threads that cover the problem.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?60512-Flame-heater-check-valve

Last edited:

USAMP1980

Thank you. Believe me, trying to view a TM pdf on a smart phone is not idea. I can clearly see it in the image you posted.
I did see something that lead me to believe it might be the flame heater... but nothing definitive.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found that smart phones aren't so smart. ;-)

Some tasks are best done on proper equipment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks