• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to install 5 ton winch

kaiser2help

I have an older M series 5 ton with an identification tag that says m series 5 ton without winch. However, I am looking to put one on. Can anyone tell me besides the winch itself, mounting brackets, and propeller shaft etc, from start to finish what are all the components that I will need to make the install correct and complete. Cranetruck or Floridianson could you help elaborate.? As always any input is greatly appreciated.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Pto, pto control lonkage, drive shaft, frame extensons ( inner/ outer), winch mounting plates, lower winch mounting angles, NEW bolts, AND of course the WINCH

groundog

:driver:BE SURE TO GET ALL THE BOLTS AND NUTS WITH THE FRAME EXTENSIONS--THEY GET EXPENSIVE---ALSO SHIFT LEVER AND LINKAGE ALONG WITH THE PTO AND GASKETS-I PUT ONE ON MY M-813A1---INSTALL WINCH BUT BEST TO LEAVE BOLTS A LITTLE LOOSE TILL EVERYTHING LINED UP----PTO SHIFT LINKAGE SHOULD BE PRETTY CLOSE IF IT CAME OUT OF A TRUCK BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO ADJUST IT SOME NEW DATA PLATE---GOOD LUCK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks