• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to move to VERO Beach with all my junk..

andytk5

I am pouring through the muni codes for Vero Beach and it says no parking of trucks over 5,000 lbs (my dodge ram weighs more than that...) then it also says no to industrial equipment..

My local codes state no vehicle over 20' to be within the setup from the street so I just keep mine along the side of the house behind a fence. I called the code office and they explained fence regs but didn't really get into the vehicle stuff. I can't find much on the their muni-code site either.

I am considering a move to the beachside area there so if anyone lives there or has some info for me I would appreciate it.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My parents live beachside near Flagler. I lived with them a while and found that most vehicles have some kind of rust from the 24/7 exposure to salt air. The air is so corrosive it ruins vehicles from the inside out. If you can stay inland, I'd advise doing so. I grew up in the rust belt and have done many brake jobs with hammers, chisels, torches, etc. Beach side isn't as bad in some ways but is worse in others.

My 2cents

sharkhunter2018

My family owns a place in Vero, but I can't speak for the town codes since we aren't even within the limits. As for where our place is, my F-250 would be a stretch with the HOA codes.

It is beach front, and because of the salt air we don't keep a vehicle there for that reason alone, especially since it will just sit 7 months of the year and not move. Last time I was there, there was a bicycle chained up to the bike rack in the parking garage and it looked pretty rough.

andytk5

Good points. I am currently at the beach here in NE fla and we have a serious salt air issue as well. I have been in coastal Fla most of my life so I guess I am just used to the extra washing and preventative stuff that goes along with it. I coat my boat trailers with used motor oil to protect them. Haven't really seen too much rust on my vehicles, just a touch on the M1009 in a corner that was bare but sanded it down and repaired it.

I was mainly concerned with the code issues like up here but I was able to put my toys behind my house. The Vero codes seem to say that any vehicle over 5,000#'s is not allowed. Just seems a bit overreaching there unless everyone drives smart cars and priui??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks