• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to purchase this deuce.... too expensive???

Psistalker

Here's the description, plus there were pictures. I called the guy and got a bit more info:

1969 m35a2 deuce and a half (means2.5 ton) multi-fuel whistler turbo diesel engine, front pto winch, roof top gun mount, have all canvas covers most n.o.s. (grille, cab, cargo and end curtains) cab has vinyl on it thats in great shape. Its very complete no missing parts and everything works great. street legal for anyone with standard license, has oregon antique plates (no tags needed) vehicle need no restoration or work to drive like others you will see for sale. has many new parts and has been well cared for since military use. asking 9500.00obo but am losing inside storage so e mail me a offer if your serious or come take a drive you won't be dissapointed.

Info I gleaned when calling him:

Motor replaced (1987- 1222, New odometer – owner bought it in ’06) Oil leek- pinion seal just starting to go…. (wood bows starting to dry out, and seats drying out). 105 trailer. Bed has a tiny bit of rust and drivers interior door. Tires brand new. 75% + on rear. Top speed 55 mph.Extra parts included:

NOS- steering wheel, signal items, tail gate chains

VIN/Serial # 04m86169 022525185

I'm just curious if this seems a bit pricey for one..... I know at GL you can get a decent running one for about $3k.... Any advice is appreciated.... thanks.....

Sincerely,
Psi

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At GL, I'd say even $3K is kind of high. Right now, anyway.

Look 'em over for a spell. There's some nice ones out there.

hole

I'd say way pricey. I got mine from GL for 4100 and entire driveline was gone thru in 92 all fluids looked/ were new, heck there wasnt one drop / seep of oil ANYWHERE on entire driveline.It looked as if the truck hadnt been ran since rebuild. The CARC was also done in 92 & in excellent shape with only one penny sized rust spot on cab behind exhuast. For 9500 that truck should be like new. 2cents

Pappa-G

That is what I would consider "Top Dollar". And for me I would expect a full turn key machine, by this I mean; New batteries, fresh oils (diffs, t-case, trans and engine) fresh coolant, New filters oil fuel and air, freshly repacked wheel bearings, hard top, heater and winch, new canvas through out and fresh paint and new tires. But then again I seldom get what I want. If you are that impressed by the truck and you think its worth it, buy it. The pic below went for near that price and it was worth it, to me.

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

Psistalker, I know how much he paid for that truck and its just some random guy who bought it thinking he would do something with it and now he has no idea on what to do with it...so now instead of giving someone a good deal on it he is trying to become rich...I know part of the history of that truck if you like some more info on it let me know... ps if you are looking for a good running truck and dont mine a little fixing up on one, i'll make you a great deal on one. either pm/email/ or you can call as well militaryrestoration@yahoo.com 360 608 6484 -Todd

Psistalker

So, I'm looking at other M35's as well (I've been contacted by several individuals since posting this and touching base with my local military vehicle club (PSMVCC)- now my question is, should I choose another soft top- is there a source where I can order the gun ring with the cradle??? Thanks again everyone for answering my questions.....

Sincerely,
Psi

JohnnyReb

Stalker,
I don't know Joey or his deuce but it doesn't look bad for the price... also considering a trailer is included. You can add (or have added) the winch and canvas for alot less than the difference in the price of the truck you referenced and Joey's.

Just my 2cents

joey

yeah i havnt had it long most of my posts on hear are about it with pictures. From the breakdown when i first bought it to me repairing the breakdown (new seals and bearings) to getting stuck just do a search for my posts. The whole story is on hear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks