• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to purchase, what do I look for?

Ripcord01

I am looking to purchase a Blazer or truck , but I read a lot of horror stories about these. I would like a 1009 . Besides what seems to be the lack of Preventative maintenance on them, what other woes should I look or be aware of? I am not sure wether it will be a GL purchase or a Private sell. Thank you for the honest input in advance!

DieselBob

I am looking to purchase a Blazer or truck , but I read a lot of horror stories about these. I would like a 1009 . Besides what seems to be the lack of Preventative maintenance on them, what other woes should I look or be aware of? I am not sure wether it will be a GL purchase or a Private sell. Thank you for the honest input in advance!
Here is my 2cents. Look at the condition of what you are worst at doing. In my case body chassis condition is very important. I am not a body man and do not have any of the tools for it. On the other hand a bad motor, transmission or rear is no big deal sense I have been working on the mechanics of everything from lawn mowers to D9 cat's sense the 70's. One thing I see as a weakness with the 09 is the bodies are prone to rot at the "A" pillar/roof area, rocker panels, tailgate and supports and under floor area at the rear of the cargo area. I had both a 85 and 89 civy version and they both where rotting in the rocker and back of the cargo area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks