• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking up xm211 service history

Tatertot51804

If this has been covered I apologize. I recently bought a 1953 xm211 that was abandoned for 20 or 30 years. Developers found it when they were clearing land to build a subdivision. All of the original markings are still on the truck and I was just wondering if there is a way to look up where the truck has been. I'll post pictures once I get my computer going again. The number on the hood is 41194592

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, sir we need to see pictures. Most of us can't read so pictures are a must. Welcome aboard.

Someone will likely follow up with more details but apparently our old deuces can't be tracked using the conventional method https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164561-2017-vin-info-thread

Something about numbers being reissued and the history lost, or a new system being used and the old system buried, or someone lost the key to the vault.

Sometimes, you'll see an old picture in a war album with a story behind it, or find out it was used in a Rambo movie to jump a police car. Here are a few historic pictures. I'll keep my eyes open.

http://militarymashup.com/truck-m135-m211.htm

We can take a guess at build dates with the number stamped on the passenger frame rail face, just behind the front tire. The data plate gives up some info to so share that if you get a chance. There should be a W/W for with winch which whould whind our gears.

Last edited:

Tatertot51804

I plan to make a thread with all the rebuild pictures soon. Not something thats fun to do on a phone. Thank you for the links. As soon as he starts a 2018 thread I will definitely see if he can find something. I always wish I'd know where my m35a2 had been but it had been repainted a few times and didn't have numbers on the hood anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks