• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looks like I failed...

plym49

...to find a Deuce I could borrow or rent for a week in Wyoming.

Oh well, I tried.

Maybe at the turn of the year I will buy them one (this group of scientists) and donate it.

plym49

You can get a decent one for a reasonable price. They are handy. You'll find uses for it that you never thought of.
The thing is, I need it in Wyoming and I will only be there a week. I wanted to have the science team see how good they are for the type of work being done, and then either purchase that one (rent to buy), or return it and follow up with a different one early next year.

mikey

Who needs scientists when you have SS? Just buy one. Before you know it, you'll have two. Then a 5 ton. Then a wrecker. Then....................

zout

You can have my wife - but you'll have to buy my 109. Beats camping in hotels and motels.
Heck - I'll even drive it up there cause I can bug a member in Cheyenne till he kicks me out.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can have my wife - but you'll have to buy my 109. Beats camping in hotels and motels.
Heck - I'll even drive it up there cause I can bug a member in Cheyenne till he kicks me out.
Sounds like WM when he said,
"When I got my truck, my wife said " the truck or me", I sure miss her biscuits"

91W350

The problem with renting or loaning out an odd vehicle like a deuce is that they are 40ish years old and have their own quirks. It is easy to make a costly mistake for the owner. Most people have no clue of their ability and their many weaknesses. If you want to rent one with an operator....

dmetalmiki

And most folks have done So Much work on and arround them to get then (just) how they want them to be, that pride (compassion!) and love comes right into the equation....I am informed Many times " I can HELP you to" get your stuff to shows..but seriously , after painting maintenance, oils , greasing , tires/wheels etc..fitting and repairing additions and components..the list goes on..and as said before ..we do "sorta" get to know and have a feel for our kit...( and the reward for all this effort? Of Course..To drive them!.
you could buy a cheap running ok truck for little more than renting + costs. these in my case "volanteers" seem to forget they have to be Insured as well!.
another approach might have been to pay an owner to drive the scientists around and or "holliday" with them. I did not really think you would get someone to bite the bit..sorry tho

plym49

I sent you a pm with the links to my ads on the classifieds
Both are nice trucks, but the science guys would not need a 109 or a winch. Best for them would be a plain vanilla Deuce, maybe with drop sides. Also the timing is off now as there is not enough time for a purchase. As the Dodgers used to say, there's always next year.

plym49

Borrowing my Deuce would be like asking to borrow my wife. It's like the Doritos commercial" Get your own bag" !
LOL you guys all talk big about lending out your wife when we all know the person we'd really want is your girl friend. :) :) :)

plym49

The problem with renting or loaning out an odd vehicle like a deuce is that they are 40ish years old and have their own quirks. It is easy to make a costly mistake for the owner. Most people have no clue of their ability and their many weaknesses. If you want to rent one with an operator....
I figured that someone in that neck of the woods was probably sitting on a small fleet and would not mind lending one out for a few days. As far as treating it properly, I am a Deuce owner myself, I am a pretty good driver, I can show you my milirtary licenses with all the certifications one could probably have, and would take a road test right then and there.

pvtjorge

Don't quite get your asking someone else to supply a Duece when you have one....

Never mind I see you are in NY/VT... too far to go.

Last edited:

plym49

Don't quite get your asking someone else to supply a Duece when you have one....

Never mind I see you are in NY/VT... too far to go.
Zacherly. My Deuce is on out east and I would like one in Wyoming for a few days. Hardly worth the round trip and even if it made sense, I do not have the time.

91W350

I have seen a few military operators come through our company and absolutely destroy trucks and equipment.... with a good its not my problem attitude. I love our country and the men and women who fight to keep it free....but my repair budget cannot hang with Uncle Sam. Being military certified does not equate to good or careful operator.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not sure WHY this thread is even here, just as DUMB as the other TWO, the first one after a few post showed that this idea was not going to fly, but still two more threads on borrowing/renting a deuce, stuff like this just waste time and server space. It is easier to look for the thread "Have a truck for rent or can be borrowed" then the other way around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks