• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looks like I need a fuel shutoff valve - Penny for your thought...

Dixiedog

1985 M998 was running fine then it shut off a couple of times when I took my foot off the fuel pedal to stop or turn. The first two times it happened it cranked right up but the third time it would not restart. (3 strikes and you are out:x)
I have fuel to the fuel filter, from the fuel filter to the shut off valve and from the fuel bypass but no fuel out of the injector pump. Fuel shut off valve is getting 24 volts with power on, 18 volts while turning over the engine attempting to crank it. When power is turned on we do not hear anything from the fuel shutoff valve nor do we feel it click or move in any way.
A buddy of mine has a anti tamper tool set to get the fuel shutoff valve off the injector pump.

Questions 1 - Am I missing something or does everyone think it is the fuel shutoff valve?

Question 2 - If the shutoff valve, any idea on where to get one??

Last edited:

dilvoy

It could be a weak injector pump not putting out enough fuel pressure at idle to operate the injectors. You could try and increase the idle rpm speed and see if the problem disappears. If it does, it would rule out the shut off valve and then you could start shopping for a new injector pump. It could also be that silly fuel return fitting that has the glass plunger giving you problems, but when it gets stuck closed it usually causes the engine to have super low power output, but you didn't mention that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks