• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looks like im getting a deuce

cyamaha2007

I met alot of you guys at haspin. It looks like as long as there isnt anything i missed on my first look at the deuce ll be picking up this baby tomorrow. Katie and i are super excited.
-Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the data plate. Looks like an older truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Low mount headlights were the first indication is was an older truck. It also looks like it has the hinged mudflaps, also an older design. I like the older ones better myself.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that we have determined its old should i not buy it?
Oh heck, don't change your plans for that. Age makes almost no difference when it comes to deuces. If it meets your expectations, buy it. A good number of folks have no idea what year their deuce is anyways.

saddamsnightmare

June 21st, 2010.

cyamaha2007:

Age, in a deuce, is almost irrelevant in the above discuission, it's moree important how it was used, maintained, and it's general overall condition. Ask yourself, how many civillian Light and Medium trucks do you see hauling freight and running on the roads almost daily, that are over 40 years old?:?:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Age is relative....I'm 55 but still hitting on all cylinders....and like a deuce I am slow, tempermental, hard to get started sometimes but still get the job done.
Bottom line is if you are happy with the condition and price go for it....the supply of cheap deuces is dwindling.....as soon as the Guard and Reserves turn in theirs and DRMO surplusses them out the only option will be GSA and private sales.....value will go up.
Price a comparable civy vehicle and see what you can get for the same money.