• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looks Like M-1081 LVAD "Animal Mother" 19SFG Mothership Is Going to Happen! Parts #s?

Crapgame

Looks Like M-1081 LVAD "Animal Mother" 19SFG Mothership Is Going to Happen! Parts #s?

Somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse, a M-1081 LVAD out of Ft Bragg. To be a 5/19SFG attached to 10SFG Mothership, "Animal Mother" since War Pig is already taken.

Going by the -24&P Manual, I don't see a separate LVAD door window glass, just one is shown.
Can anybody verify?

The compressor appears to be missing a bracket, it vibrates quite a bit with engine running

Front engine cover has some cracks to be TIG welded or entire cover replaced if I can find one.

Passenger door is missing the locking part that bolts on with 3 screws.

sjohn116

Door glass is the same for all vehicles in the FMTV/LMTV class of vehicles. Door glass is just much easier to install into a M1081 since you can fold the top half of door out of the way to insert new glass. Slight curve (1/4") in class prevents use of a flat piece if glass, plexiglass isn't approved for DOT highway use.

What glass do you need and where are you located?

Crapgame

The front cover is a big job. If you are taking it off you might as well put a new one on.
Yes sir, new or reclaimed cover. Problem is finding one. I have to look to find the Part# maybe find a CAT part #1067920 somewhere, we have a truck salvage down the road.

By chance I happen to call a friend I haven't seen in a few months, turns out he knew exactly what the War Pig is, his wife's friend's husband used to be a Warrant in Group, he crewed one overseas, was showing him the pics. Hopefully in about a week I can get copies. Frickin' weird timing, man, they happened to be going to dinner with this weekend.

Last edited:

coachgeo

If the "Front engine Cover" is the same as the "Water Pump Cover".... then both style part numbers are in the Parts Sticky on the top of this forum. Get the feeling they are separate pieces though. It has been discussed before so a search might can find the part #

UPDATE: found some time to search this board and didn't find a part # even though there are a few threads on it. Try contacting Smike thru below link. He had to replace one thusly might have the part number. Here they are $pendy and a big job to do. (lots of parts to remove to get access)

Smike at https://www.steelsoldiers.com/member.php?56995-Smike740

Last edited:

Crapgame

I pray it is Dwg 12, Part 2 Cover, Access 106-7920 not Part 5 Housing, Mechanical 7E6366, per TM 9-2320-365-24P 31 July 2001

Update: Survey says-----Its the Part 5 Housing, Mechanical 7E6366 that is kaput..aua
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...-CAT3116-Engine-Front-Cover-Failure-amp-Cause

That Compressor Bracket isn't a CAT part, its coming back as strictly BAE per the 2001 Dash24P. Figure 157 Piece 17, Part # 12414388 NSN: 5340-01-361-7907

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

For some reason the drivers side window is almost always broken out on the M1081. Mine was delivered with no window or cranking mechanism to roll it up or down, or a turrent cover for that matter. Still looking for all parts with no success. Good luck sourcing your broken or missing parts.

sjohn116

Driver's side door glass is almost always broken on LMTVs from raising the cab with door not fully latched. The problem is compounded with the M1081 door folding over on itself, if you do so with the glass in the UP position.

I bought my truck at auction and it had driver's side window glass intact, no mention of no glass in the auction description, it arrived via 18 wheeler and the glass was in a pile at the bottom of the door. Sadly nothing ever came of my conversations with IP/GP for the broken glass (impossible to find) and someone stealing the door latch off the truck between auction and pick-up.

That being said, I have one driver's side door glass as an extra part now. I had planned on keeping my truck long term, and after I found the replacement I needed for my truck (and paid a LOT of $$$ for it), I snatched up another when I heard someone was parting out a truck. I was planning for the worst: a rock, a kid, an idiot, or a mistake that would break my more-valuable-than-gold driver's side door glass. Truck was sold off yesterday, still have the door glass if someone needs one... PM me.

Crapgame

LRRP, my LVAD is going to stay in Penn until I get moved to FLA. But I was told the door glass is the same, you just have to remember to crank it all the way down before unbolting the window frame. I found OEM glass for $150each.

Bought my first Sceptre 20l fuel can, I was going to wait until I get moved but......$30 used, $60 new. so I got a near new MFC and like new MWC for $50 plus a Canadian CadPat Boonie. I know, I know, I should go back get the other 3 cans.

Crapgame

Evike.com has a new batch of airsoft M240Bs in for $399, https://www.evike.com/products/50809/ I got mine for 25% off Labor Day Coupon. I figured I can't buy enough demil parts from Beltfed for $400, plus it will make some noise until I can rerig it for propane/O2 firing with the M2HB. The receiver, barrel, and gas tube should be parkerized gray not black, easy fix with some Gunkote from Brownells. I found a molded plastic M240L grip housing so I may convert mine to a titanium M240L.

Crapgame

I told MilSysGroup what I am trying to do with Animal Muthah, we got a better pricing, $780 for 1; $660 for 3-10, plus shipping. The SA4 is the period swing arm but the SA12 is a FAR better swing arm to shoot off of. The best value in the middle is the SA10. They have some used/demo SA10 swing arms for $500 and gun mounts for $500 that they are trying to clean house of. https://milsysgroup.com/swing-arms.html No pic of SA4 shown on page by my OCD would probably prompt me to buy the correct period SA4.

Phil said they made 20 of the LMTV mounts for 5th SFG and an additional few for 3rd SFG. At the time 5SFG were doing long expeditionary treks supporting OIF and they liked the larger vehicles as opposed to HMMWV. Drawing is dated March 2004, so were more likely delivered in May timeframe, a year after the invasion. They did not make anything else besides the mounting brackets for the LMTV project

Crapgame

We just need one more buyer to get the 3/$660 price, then up to you to decide to get the swing arm and/or gun mount later. The swing arm turn up from time to time, here's the exact SA4 swing arm correct for 2004 period, but he wants $999 + $20 ship (auction not mine)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hmmwv-Mil-S...489671?hash=item362042e807:g:zCIAAOSwmo5Zpix5

But I have seen various mfg swing arms turn up on ebay, Gunbroker and G503 from $500 up. The gun mount you can use something as simple as the small dia M240 pintle $50-120, FN M197 Soft Mount $325-700, or the cradle with ammo can holder type $350 up. The simple pintle mount doesn't have a means to secure the weapon while travelling unless you got a co-driver wielding it.

Crapgame

Was a good day yesterday, found a used tan cargo cover with the doohickies inside for rolling up just the sides, $10 but he didn't have change so told him to keep it. 1.5 AS-3900 SINCGARS antennas at $10/section and 2 more Sceptre fuel cans at $10each. Originally went looking for a Mk64/83 or M23 weapons mount but No-Joy on those, just an M192 Tripod missing the gun cradle $300 (I don't need another project or wait to find one, I need to maintain focus on the truck stay off tangents, like the BTM-71A TOW missile fired inert I found)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks