• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looks Like M-1081 LVAD "Animal Mother" 19SFG Mothership Is Going to Happen! Parts #s?

Crapgame

I started an order for the LMTV GPMG Mount to get penciled into production schedule, about 90 days out. If somebody else wants a mount there is still time, just one more we can get them at $660each instead of $780, start saving your sheckels.

Crapgame

Rear Smoke Generator Mounts.jpgBAE Guntruck Rollbar Front Mount.jpgBAE Guntruck Rollbar.jpgBAE Guntruck Ammo Can Tray.jpgBAE Turret Mount - Rear Cover.jpgBAE Guntruck Front.jpgThe Drop FMTV Cropped.jpg

Found this Winter 2003 edition of the Special Forces Association magazine "The Drop" featuring FMTV modified resupply vehicle. Pics appear to show the early OEF "MOTHER" type truck with a cab rollbar and 2 M240 armament kit.ANIMAL SOCOM  Gun Truck.jpgWinter 2003 The Drop.jpg

Anybody else want a MilSysGroup.com LMTV GPMG Mount? Last call, one more mount and we can get them for under $700each.

Edit: The Drop magazine just had the one FMTV photo used as cover for that month no actual article inside.

The Drop FMTV appears to be same config as "MOTHER", same BAE? Rollbar kit, same armament (1x Co-Driver M240 on MilSysGroup FMTV Mount; 1x Top Gunner M240 on swing arm centered on rollbar; Rear M2HB), the supplemental armored vehicle blackout drive lights are in slightly different locations. Both have the same smoke launcher 4x pods angled to the port side; in both cases the vehicle name is stenciled onto a cargo box on the front cargo shelf, not painted directly onto the cab front. I can't make out this vehicle's name in the blown up scanned pic. This FMTV appears to have the camo net support system pole bag strapped under the front cargo shelf.

Edit2: My laptop is having trouble uploading pics to a new post, there is no upload button on the load from computer window.

Anyhow, Pontiac 6-2, the above pics are Firefinder's MTV, it uses a modified non-LVAD cab, the cab was cut down then a cap placed overtop the cut. The MTV has 2x smoke launchers front and back; 7.62 NATO ammo can rack on the aircleaner housing. This rollbar has some kind of a middle extension that appears to use the LWS Lightweight Weapons Station platform bolted to the small diameter ends via U Bolts. Either the LWS platform itself or maybe a piece of 1/4" diamond plate cut for turret ring is my theory.

Last edited:

pontiac62

View attachment 713075

Found this Winter 2003 edition of the Special Forces Association magazine "The Drop" featuring FMTV modified resupply vehicle. Pics appear to show the early OEF "MOTHER" type truck with a cab rollbar and 2 M240 armament kit.View attachment 712428View attachment 712429

Anybody else want a MilSysGroup.com LMTV GPMG Mount? Last call, one more mount and we can get them for under $700each.

Edit: The Drop magazine just had the one FMTV photo used as cover for that month no actual article inside.
I seen two similar to these except mtv version for sale on cl out west somewhere. Think they wanted 17k for them. They were being used by a logging company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

Crapgame

A few years ago, I bought a book called "Roughneck Nine One: The Extraordinary Story of a Special Forces A-Team at War" by SFC (Ret) Frank Antenori and Hans Halberstadt. Story is an account of Operation Viking Hammer, aka The Battle of Debecka Pass (Mar 28-30 2003). ODA 391(3/3SFG) was attached to 10SFG for the northern invasion of Iraq, working with the Peshmurga Kurds. Anyhooo, upon reading it again, I found a couple blurbs referencing two modified FMTVs used by their B-Detachment (ODB-390), named "MOTHER" and "MAD MAX" ("after their size and numerous modifications, which made them look like Mel Gibson should be driving them in a movie") Using the Op name, ODA 391 and Debecka Pass I was able to find this pic of MAD MAX resupplying the ODA 392 GMVs on Day 2 of the battle:

There was a Military Channel show on the Battle of Debecka Pass, you can see a few shots of the War Pigs, the T55 tank ODA-391 tagged, etc:
Kurdish Peshmurga Army In the Iraq Invasion 2003

There should be some more CNN footage of the battle, news crews, including Jane Arraf, were all over the ODAs while they were trying to fight the Iraqi tanks.

Crapgame

I have relocated to FL Panhandle, M1081 is due in from PA on the 4th. Military Systems Group original LMTV GPMG Mount, Swing Arm and Cradle are due any day now.

No Joy finding dimensions for the GMV Radio Doghouse so I am having one custom bent to fit a SINCGARS RT-1523C(U) MT-6352/AM-7239 Double Stack. I wound up getting an original RT-1523C gutted housing to go with the plastic radio trainer simulator RT-1523C. I need to find out if the War Pig comm suite was bolted to the LMTV radio box/gunner stand or if it uses a Humvee elevated radio tray. I found two complete 2pc radio antenna and one AS-3900 antenna base.

I got two 10ft Marston Matting Perforated Sheetmetal Decking for sand channels.

I got brand new hydraulic box selector template, and a pre-fording instructions plate for the dash (important here in FL post storm)

Two Driver's Side and one Passenger Side door glass are on the way from the original OEM mfg, Omni.

I'm going to need one more AS-3900 antenna base, a complete LMTV spare wheel/tire, two tan Humvee high back seats with adjustable bases, and a Driver's Side LMTV Cab Stowage Bin (M1081 already has co-driver)

Having lost 2 months since the first property I put an offer on then withdrew, I don't know if I can have Mad Max done for May 2018 Memorial Day.

Crapgame

MilSysGroup LMTV GPMG Mount, MG Cradle and Swing Arm are here for the airsoft M240B.

OEM NOS Driver's Side glass is here from Omni

Local lockshop rekeyed my door latches alike, my truck didn't come with a key, and, we discovered I had two differently keyed doorlocks on it. Army logic I guess. Oh yeah, and 4hrs trying to put the latches and rods back into the doors.

I got 3 gallons Behr Marquee FSC Desert Tan Paint. I got the power washer on sale at Harbor Freight to clean her off.

My air dryer has some oil seepage around the canister and the T fitting from the right-most air tank.

Will sent me a nice hydraulic control manifold to replace my inop.

We have a Salute to Veterans fest in the Navarre Park on the 12th that I was hoping to make, dunno how close to War Pig I can be.

My SINCGARS twin rack is almost complete, need W4 cables, antenna cables and two Humvee mounts to bolt the basis to the bed front corners.

Mk93 Mount is almost complete, need a T&E and build an M6-style diamond plate base with pedestal.

Discovered my washer fluid tank is cracked, fluid completely drains out but at least the pump works.

Also need to find two Humvee high back seats with the tall adjustable bases for the bed.

Crapgame

I have a truck, just need to start convertin
Well, first, contact Phil Hunt at MilSysGroup.com to put your LMTV GPMG Mount Kit on order which can take up to 90 days for production. He had some demo Swing Arms and MG Cradles at a nice discount, too, otherwise you have to compete on ebay with the GMV builders for $1000 for a swing arm or a cradle.

While waiting on your GPMG Mount, start searching for a Mk64 or Mk93 Mount System for your heavy weapon in the bed. Either the Humvee M6, M7 Pedestal Mount or the Mk16 Naval Mount (sourced from Crane NWD in Ind) for the actual mount.

Evike.com will probably have a Memorial Weekend Sale, get your M240B on sale, and if you sign up on their site, you'll get another 10% off coupon, that's how I got mine.

Commo Suite, each Bravo Det. truck was different, depending on who was assigned to it, the SF Company Commander would have a SatCom PSC-5 probably, to talk all the way back to Ft Bragg, but along which you need the Avant-Trivec X Wing Antenna or directional array type. Most trucks just had a twin SINCGARS rack mount inside GMV protective housing with twin AS-3900 bases with whip antennas (90MPH tape an MS2000 Strobe to one of them)

Two Humvee high back seats with the adjustment pedestals, complete with seatbelts.

Start buying up all the Sceptre Fuel Cans you can find along with 40mm Mk19 cans, 60mm Mortar Cans, and Pelican 1650 Cases.

I'm still working on the cargo rack fabrication drawing.

Crapgame

"Masters of Chaos" Chapter 5 Western Iraq -The Battle of the War Pigs:
1/5SFG was given the Scud Hunter Mission in Western Iraq, covering an area the size of NJ. C Co was the Ground Mobility component. Their ODBs experimented with the modified LMTV War Pigs to support the ODA GMVs. A short time prior to the kickoff, B Co, their water mobility component, was also put on the Scud Hunter Mission. But because they didn't have vehicles per TO&E, they had to beg, borrow and steal all over Ft Campbell for trucks which they had about 6 weeks to convert to War Pigs. This would be consistent with Firefinder's 5ton cut down cab with the sheetmetal caps over the cut edge to mount the rollbar system instead of being a modified LVAD/LAPES Air Drop Truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crapgame

Radio "Doghouses"
It appears to be the same radio enclosure bolted to Humvee radio shelves as used on 6,5l GMVs. The model kit shows a double stack AM-7239/VRC on MT-6352 SINCGARS mount on the right with room to the left for the secondary radio amp mount MT-6353/VRC AM-7238B/VRC; or PSC-5 SatCom bolted sideways on the enclosure wall. The 12v triple outlet on the left outer wall can probably be fabricated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crapgame

I haven't been able to mess with "Mad Max" herself for health reasons.

Greg, 86humv is having 6 of the GMV-style Radio Housings made by his metal shop:
https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=298893

I have an M25 Pedestal Mount, UPA, and Mk93 mount that all need to be painted Tan. I need to get a 30x36" piece of 3/16" diamond plate and some U channels to form the base. Bought a Lincoln 180 Weld Pac. Also been collecting M2HB parts for a hyper-accurate O2/LPG M2HB.

I still need to get the steel to make the Sceptre MFC/Ammo Can racks; Need two Humvee High Back Seats with adjustable bases, and waiting on a replacement front windshield to get here. And I need an MV/T spare wheel assy.

BLK HMMWV

Sounds like you should have just bought DSD277's truck .
It had all that kit in it.
even had the M6 pedestal mount and base plate.
I ended up with the base plate and M6 pedestal and 240
He still has a bunch of scepter fuel and water cans and ammo cans.
Plus he might still have the fuel can stowage racks and the HMMWV tires and rims and stowage brackets he made .

Crapgame

Sounds like you should have just bought DSD277's truck .
It had all that kit in it.
even had the M6 pedestal mount and base plate.
I ended up with the base plate and M6 pedestal and 240
He still has a bunch of scepter fuel and water cans and ammo cans.
Plus he might still have the fuel can stowage racks and the HMMWV tires and rims and stowage brackets he made .
At the time, it was too much truck and too big a chunk of change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks