• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loose door lock

Sam27

One of my door locks is loose, such that the pull knob can just fall down when the door is closed. It is also loose with the key. Basically, it's missing any sort of detent to keep it either locked or unlocked. Otherwise, it works fine. After poking around in there, I noted that the working door has a small spring in the actuator assembly to provide this function. Does anyone have any idea where I could get a replacement spring? I've learned that the junk yards around here don't really have anything before about 1995 at this point. LMC doesn't have anything to do with manual door lock actuation as far as I can tell. Thanks.

Sam27

I guess I was unclear. It has nothing to do with the cylinder. There is machinery between the cylinder and the pull knob that rotates the cylinder and also makes it go "click" when you push/pull the knob. Without it, it's loose. I'm missing a spring that goes with that machinery.

Sam27

I scoured the yards around here for something else last week. Around here at least, these trucks are too old. The oldest trucks I found were from around 1995 or so. Anyway, yeah, if you have the guts from the lock mechanism, I'm interested.

cucvrus

Right front door mechanism C/K series 1981-1991 and you only need the part that the striker engages. Held on by 3 phillips head counter sunk 1/4" screws. Is that the message you wanted to relay?

cucvrus

DSCF6793.jpgDSCF6792.jpgThese are the photos you requested. I have them stored inside they are not rusty and all the clips are still attached. $47.50. Not rusty and I have had it stored here inside since 1996.

Sam27

Looks like the one. I can see the little spring I'm missing right on top. While we're at it, do you have a set of interior door panels in decent shape? I don't care about them being faded, but don't want cracks, damage or modifications from original. Thanks.

Sam27

I bet you could get good money for the NOS on ebay. I'm happy with faded ones, since I'll color them anyway, as long as they don't have cracks or holes. The only data point on price I have is a place on-line selling panels for $15 each, but he hasn't responded to my email. How about $60 shipped for the pair? I'd like to see pics before I commit though.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam27 - I just want you to know that CUCVRUS is a good man. He stands by his word. I trust his advice completely. He only sells good parts. Junk or worn out parts end up in his scrap heap. :)

Sam27

Sam27 - I just want you to know that CUCVRUS is a good man. He stands by his word. I trust his advice completely. He only sells good parts. Junk or worn out parts end up in his scrap heap. :)
Cool. I'm not asking for pics because of trust issues, just to ensure we're talking about the same thing. :)

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand. If I were you, I'd want to make darn sure I had the right parts coming to me that could fix my problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks