• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loose wire in engine compartment (27B)

Gravel

Hello All,

I cannot begin to tell you guys how much I appreciate this site already!! I have spent hrs and hrs here getting myself up to speed on my Deuce and the information has been fantastic!

Here is what I am trying to figure out now. I have a loose wire that is probably in the range of 36" in length, coming off the left bulkhead harness inside the engine compartment. The number is 27B and in all of the schematics I have searched (sadly none in my 9-2320-361-10), including all the diagrams I could find here, I have yet to find a "27B" listed.

67 M35A2 WO/W (86 LDT465 1C)

Am I just blind or what? Anyone possibly lead me to the light on this one?

Thanks!!

Steve

Attachments

almirante

do you have a horn going on whe the air pressure is low?
if not messure (24vdc) on this wire, and see if the 24vdc goes away when the light goes away, some people disconet this horn for confort (is real loud) some time get off guard and make me jump, good

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wire "27B" should tie in with the 27 and 27A wires, possible separated with a circuit breaker.
In one diagram (M939 series), the 27B goes to a diagnostic connector.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a zip file wire diagram..thought I saved it un-zipped?? I'll keep looking and post it.

Barrman

The blinker flasher bolts right in where the external regulator used to be on older M35 cabs. I thought I had found a secret mounting spot when I put mine there a few months ago while builidng up my Gasser. It is a lot easier to get to compared to the lower inner fender. Since then, I have seen a lot of them there on the older trucks. I like the elbow brakets bolted to the bottom regulator bolts on his. They come with the generator to alternator converson kit are are meant to hold the plug they are holding in his picture. I wrapped my plug around the steering column and left the brakets in the kit bag because the Gasser throttle linkage is in the way.

Now to his question. since the firewall had provisions for a regulator, we can assume the cab is older than 1967. Even though his data plate says different. The early trucks had a circuit breaker on the dash panel itself. Wire #27 went from the on/off switch to the breaker then another #27 went from the breaker to power the gauges. So says my 1954 TM9-8022. 1953 they switched to no breaker for gauges. But, since his truck has Packard fitting on it, I would guess it never had the gauge breaker. So what is it? I don't know. My guess is that it is supposed to be under the dash, but nothing with fact to back it up beyond that.

Wire #27 is supposed to go from the on/off switch directly to the "spider wire" on the dash and that is it for #27 on the truck.

Gravel

Hmmm.... Well at least it does not appear that I was just blind and missing the 27B in the diagrams..

I am gonna find the other end of this wire and see what I come up with.

Thanks for all the info so far!! I really appreciate the effort you guys put into helping out!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks