• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lopez Island, WA to Spokane, WA

cleb

Just finished driving ~360 miles or so in a deuce, delivering the "Evil Bunny" truck to the buyer in Spokane. Took about 8 hours, and was pretty uneventful, although very hot. I'll snag pics off my phone when I get the cable and time.

EDIT:

Ok, now I'll add more details. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to add pictures and the rest of the story. History: I bought a M35A2 W/W to take the winch off and put on my truck. I then put the truck up for sale. I had been in contact with a guy in Spokane that wanted a M35A2 for his winery, to haul things around. He decided he wanted it, so I loaded up the motorcycle in the back, with some extra tires and tools. I left Lopez Island on Thursday morning on the 0640 boat. Made it over the pass fine, truck never hit above 198 or so. It was a little hot in Eastern Wa (100+) and the truck was running a little warm (200-205). I slowed it down a bit, and everything stayed within normal limits. Drinking hot bottled water was the norm after an hour or so on the other side of the hills. About 15 minutes outside Spokane the tach started beating itself to death, and making nasty clicking/snapping noises. I made it to the Winery without any further issues, and used the loading dock to uload the bike. The nut that holds the cable on the back of the tach had come loose, and was flopping around. After I tightened it, the problem went away. I spent Thursday night at the winery, and Friday drove to Riggins, ID to visit a friend. I drove the 500 miles from Riggins home on Sunday. It was a fun trip, and my first long drive in a Deuce.

Attachments

cleb

The winch was actually pretty simple with the right tools. I hooked a chain hoist to the top plate on the winch, put a little pressure on it, used a rattle gun to loosen the bolts, and tapped it out with a 5lb sledge. I pulled the donor truck out of the way, and pulled in the without winch truck. Rattle gunned the bumper off, and put the whole setup on the truck. The hardest part were getting the holes to line up, as I didn't take the winch off the bumper extensions, so it took a little beating. Also, shimming the PTO was a bit of a pain, it weighs a decent amount, and it had to come on/off about 8 times before I was happy with it. It really helps to have the truck you take it off right there, so you know how it all goes together. I imagine it would be a little harder hunting up the parts and making a complete kit: CC: I would have taken a cooler except I had no room on the bike to bring it back!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks